21. You and I

21. You and I

"I can't believe this is happening," Aaron spoke.

I kicked off my shoes once we'd gotten into Aaron's apartment, leaving them splayed on the floor in the entry way. "Why? We used to do it all of the time," I answered, dragging out the word 'time'.

"Not because you were worried about me drinking myself to death, we weren't," Aaron replied, taking off his own shoes.

He picked up both pair and put them in a small closer off to the right.

"Nah, instead it was because we liked to make out a little," I answered with a shrug.

Part of me expected Aaron to get mad - after all, I was purposely winding him up - but instead he just laughed and shook his head. "It was supposed to be you watching me, not the other way 'round," he laughed. "C'mon, let's get some water."

"For you? I thought you didn't drink much?"

"For you," Aaron answered.

I frowned. "I'm not thirsty?"

"Maybe not now, but you'll thank me in the morning," he continued, speaking calmly. "C'mon Caleb."

"Fine. But only if you want water too."

Aaron rolled his eyes before setting off down the hall, not even looking back. I watched him leave, totally not looking at how good his butt looked in those jeans. It was only when he disappeared around a corner that I decided to follow him.

"Shit. Look at this place," I spoke, more to myself than to Aaron. The kitchen looked professional, fully equipped with two ovens, a huge hob, and marble-topped counters. "I never imagined you to be this rich," I announced, this time staring at Aaron.

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not," Aaron replied.

I shrugged to no one, "take it as you will."

"Right, water. Drink up, Caleb."

I stared at the glass of water in Aaron's hand and frowned, as if it was some sort of unidentified object. "I don't want that, you drink it," I answered, turning my nose up at the glass.

"I'm not drunk out of my mind-,"

I cut Aaron off, "neither am I."

"Well you could have fooled me," Aaron answered, leaning on the island to the side of him.

I copied his action, probably looking nowhere near as cool. Even with his fake blood and smudged makeup, he still managed to look beautifully-handsome all the same.

"You promise you didn't drink any more than the vodka I saw you with?" I asked, and Aaron rolled his eyes at me again before straightening up once more.

He walked around the island, picking up the glass of water on his way around. When he reached me, he held out his little finger, "I pinkie-promise that I didn't drink anything else," he spoke, staring at me. I smiled, accepting his promise, and he smiled back at me. "Now," he spoke calmly, staring at me with his dreamy eyes, "drink your water."

"Only if we can sit somewhere, I'm tried of standing."

Aaron sighed, running a hand over his face. "When did you become so needy?" he asked.

"Don't be rude."

I picked up the glass of water and Aaron led me out of the kitchen. "Where do you want to go? The lounge, or my room?"

"Are you trying to hi to me, Aaron?" I asked, smirking at him.

"The lounge it is then-."

"No!" I cut him off again. "I want to see your bedroom."