30. How It Ends

30. How It Ends

He had tanned skin, and hazel eyes with flecks of gold.

I thought that I had seen Aaron for the last time when we parted ways in Miami.

Like every other time I had seen him, he looked at me like I was the only thing that mattered - and I looked at him in the same way.

Golden eyes had been my first love, a love I had thought to be cut short when we decided to move on at the end of the summer. I'd never expected to run into him again. I'd never expected to fall for him all over again. I never expected to love Aaron Knowles, all over again.

Little did I know that the end was only the beginning. Summer ended, but Aaron and I began all over again.

-

It was Spring. Aaron and I had been dating for just over four months.

The two of us lay in his room, on his bed, on a Saturday morning. Aaron's head was resting on my chest, a laptop propped in between the two of us while he wrote the latest chapter of his new short-story. I ran my fingers through his hair absent-mindedly, thinking about how wonderfully my life had turned out.

Aaron's room was now full of little personal touches - from pictures of him and his family, to pictures of him and me. Even seeing my clothes tossed around the room, or my school work taking over his desk, made everything seem a little more familiar.

"I made plans for us today," Aaron announced randomly, taking a break from his typing.

I moved my hand to the back of his head, playing with the short hairs on the nape of his neck. "You have? And when were you planning on telling me? What if I was busy?" I asked, teasing him.

"We're meant to be spending the weekend together, so you better be free," Aaron answered, and I kissed the top of his head.

Since we'd begun dating properly we had spent more time together than apart, not that I minded. Bella had become my favourite part of Aaron's family - well except for him of course - and I had actually become friends with Angie. I'd even met Aaron's mom briefly, over Facetime, and his dad didn't completely hate me anymore, which was a slight improvement.

"What are our plans then?"

"Date night, or afternoon." Aaron closed his laptop, sitting up on his bed. "Noelle texted me, we're going out with her and Eli. And Adam and Kasim-."

I cut Aaron off. "They're not dating."

He snorted, "of course they're not," he mumbled sarcastically. "Anyway, Lindy's coming as well."

Aaron shifted onto his side before putting an arm over my chest, kissing me lightly on the cheek. He moved his laptop, practically throwing it to the end of his bed before sliding over me until our bodies were pressed together, only a few inches in between out faces. "I thought we were going out?" I asked when Aaron moved and began to suck on my jaw.

"We are," he turned to look at the clock, "in an hour. We might even have time to shower afterwards." Aaron moved in for my neck this time.

"We better have time to shower."

His lips covered mine, and I gripped on to his shirt, attempting to pull it up and off him. With both of our shirts off, the two of us kissed for a while longer before removing out pants and underwear. Aaron's family had gone out for the weekend, we had no reason to rush.

"How long have we got?" Aaron asked.

I reached out from the shower, attempting to stay under the warmth of the shower's spray while trying to grab my phone. "Fifteen minutes," I finally managed. Aaron pulled me back into the shower, staring at me with his hazel eyes.