20. Trick or Treat

20. Trick or Treat?

The school week passed slowly, and smoothly.

I hadn't really seen much of Aaron, other than the odd passing in the hallway and obviously in our history class, but that was a given. Still, the only conversations we had were the ones based off small-talk at the start of our classes together.

Eli and I had been out on another 'date', if it can be classed as that. We went for dinner at a Korean BBQ place, which was nice.

I'd also been Halloween shopping with Noelle, Lindy and Kasim – he'd agreed to come to the Halloween party, as long as Adam was planning on coming with. But other than that, the week leading up to the party had been relatively uneventful.

-

After school on Friday, Noelle had asked Lindy and I to go back to hers to get ready.

I'd agreed to meet Eli at the actually house of the party, and Noelle's place is a little closer too, so it made more sense to meet up beforehand. Which was why Noelle, Lindy and I were sat in Noelle's lounge, dressed in a random selection of costumes – Noelle a devil, Lindy an angel, and me, just a dude wearing black.

"Have you spoken to Eli?" Noelle asked. She was eating ice cream from the tub.

Lindy had folded herself up in a chair, somehow sitting on her legs while being able to look comfortable at the same time. Since Eli and I had been talking more, Lindy had caught on to our relationship without me or him having to tell her – she'd been cool about it anyway.

"Not since earlier," I answered, flipping my phone in my hands.

"Are you just planning on hanging out at the party?" Noelle scrapped some more ice cream.

I shrugged, trying to ignore the slight blush that appeared on my cheeks. "He asked me to go back to his afterwards," I said, attempting to appear casual while my stomach did somersaults. Noelle and Lindy both perked up in their seats.

"He wants to fuck?" Noelle asked.

"Do you feel ready, isn't this moving a little quick?" Lindy added.

"I don't know," I replied, unsure of which question I was answering. "Maybe he just wants to hang out, I don't think Eli seems like the type to sleep with someone so early on," I continued, and Noelle nodded.

Lindy still looked hesitant. "All guys want to do is sleep around. It doesn't matter who it's with, or when it happens," she answered, frowning as she played with the fluff of her halo. "That's probably why Aaron broke up with me."

"I doubt it," Noelle answered.

I raised an eyebrow. "You and Aaron never had sex?" I asked. Aaron had probably brought this up before at some point, but for some reason I had always just assumed that him and Lindy had done everything together. The fact that I had slept with Lindy's boyfriend – while he was her boyfriend – before she had made me a little queasy.

"I just assumed we were going to wait until marriage, that's how my momma raised me," Lindy answered. "I'm glad she did now, because that would've been a waste," Lindy snickered slightly to herself, it sounded a little sad. "Aaron never really mentioned sex, he seemed happy with what we had. I guess that was a lie."

Noelle shook her head, handing me the ice cream tub. "I'm sure it wasn't a lie."

"Who actually knows. Aaron could have been lying throughout our entire relationship for all I know," Lindy shrugged again.

"Maybe you should talk to him," I suggested. Both Lindy and Noelle sent me a look that said 'what-the-fuck-Caleb?' "Just to find out why he broke up with you," I spoke calmly, and Noelle's look eased. "If you don't find out you're going to keep questioning yourself, and that's not healthy."