09.the journal from the dungeon

I walked down the dark stone stairs. A feeling of fear went up my spine. The hall to the dungeon was only lit by a torch or two. Then hall gave me a feeling, a feeling of death almost. I touched one of the walls with my hand. It was cold and lifeless, unlike the rest of Hogwarts. I stopped and looked around the hall. Why was I so scared of a hallway. I kept walking to Professor Snape's class.

I walked through the door of the class room. Many students were in the seats. Harry then looked up and motioned me over. I smiled and sat beside him. I looked over into his eye's to see he said the same look everyone else in the room shared, pure fear. Then the door in the back of the class room flew open.

A man with a hooked nose and black hair came flowing out. His hair was black and looked uncleaned, and his black robes cascaded the floor behind his. He had a pale skin with what looked like a slight shine to it. He looked older then he most likely was. He then stopped in the front of the classroom, he overlooked the classroom. His eyes landed on me. His stern face soften, but quickly changed back.

"Welcome to first year potions class." His voice was cold and gruesome, sounded like the only hope he had left him a long time ago.

"I don't expect many of you the hole to touch for potions..." He looked at the Gryffindor students around the room.

"-But those who wish to master it, I will teach you to brew the most powerful potions know to wizard, I can teach you must even how to put a stopper on dead." He looked down and the blonde boy in the front of the class. Malfoy sat up with a proud smile on his face. The professor kept talking. I hear a scratching noise come from beside me. Harry was writing everyone the man was saying.

"And some will learn to pay attention when there professor speaking." Harry looked up from the paper at the word. He put down the quill and looked at the professor.

"Potter! What would one get if then added powdered roots of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione's hand flew into the air. Harry looked down at the paper.

"I don't know sir." Snape looked down a little at Harry.

"Well it appears power isn't everything Mr. Potter." He turned around and walked to the front of the class. Before I could stop myself I spoke.

"It does seem that way professor." Snape turn around and looked at me.

"How so Ms. Greayheart."

"You have power over us and you are abusing it and that is a very low way of living, so it does appear that power isn't everything. The professor look a little almost, proud? He then turned around.

"Take out your text book, turn to page 7." I took out my book and lay but it on the table. All eyes were still on me. I looked up, all eyes went to get there books. There was a light tap on my shoulder. I look beside me to meet Harry's eyes. He smiled at me, a warm thankful smile. I nodded my head, understanding what he was trying to say.

"Class dismissed." I slowly stood up and but my book in my bag. Everyone else ran out of class.

"Ms.Greyheart." I looked up to see the hooked nose professor in front of me."

"Sir."

"Read this." He pulled out a old leather book. It looked like it had been worn down over the years. In the middle of the book cover was a drawing of a flower. I slowly looked up at the professor. I fussed him out in class and he is giving me a book? I nodded his head to the book. I slowly reach out and took the book from his hands. The man then turned around and left threw the door in the back of the class. I looked down at the book laying in may hands. I walked out the room still looking down at the book in my hands.

When I stepped out into the dark hallway of the dungeon hallway I got a weird feeling, a feeling of understanding. The fear was still there but the feeling of death was gone. I opened the first page of the book the professor gave me.

A book of things I never said

I read the page over and over again. There were marks through words, then I realized they were marks threw someones name. He didn't want me to know whose journal it was. Why was he giving me this, why not Draco. He treated Draco like a son yet he gave me this book. I closed the book and looked back at the cover. I looked at the flower again, it was a dead flower. I touched it. It began to glitter, the glitter made the flower glow almost. I pulled my finger to see that the flower was still dead. I felt a safe place in this flower, even if it was only a drawing.

There was then want showed like a set of someone footprints. I look up to see Hannah standing at the end the hall. I threw the journal in my bag. Hannah came running down the hall, here shoulder length hair flying behind her. She stopped in front of me. She gave me a nice smile.

"Found you." She took my arm and pulled my to the dark stone stairs. She walked up. I looked back down the dark hallway.

Why me...

Hi!

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

I kind of just though of this idea half way threw writing and just went with it. I am pretty happy with how it came out. I can't wait for the next few chapters.

I really hope you enjoy this story so far.

Please vote and comment

love y'all🖤