Chapter 9

"Did you really mean what you said to him?" I kept using him because I couldn't even remember his name.

"What did i say?" He asked.

" Umm...the I love my wife part?"
I immediately felt my cheeks turning pink.

Ammar's POV.

"Yes I did mean it, So?" Answering Sauf's question wasn't that easy. It took me about thirty seconds to think about it.

"You're joking right?" She asked.

"No," I simply answered.

She didn't even bother answering back. She seemed really scared and pale. She looked really sick. I know how all the kidnapping stuff affected her. I decided not to bother her any longer. Just allow her to clear her head. I just hope she gets better before our wedding.

I pulled over once I entered the gate to the house. She was feeling uncomfortable about her clothes and my blazer and her hair being opened. I assured her that it would all be okay. But I have to admit, she had beautiful silky long hair.
Immediately we stepped Into the  house, her siblings rushed to hug her, they were all crying as if they hadn't seen her for the past 10 years. My parents were also there, they said they wanted to share in the family's pain.
Her parents embraced her with so much love. Ma shaa Allah .

She hugged each and everybody. Everybody was glad she was back. Ismah got her a glass of water which she finished in one gulp.

"We'll take our leave now." My mum said.

"Okay see you in four days," Sauf's mum chuckled. We left afterwards.

Sauf followed me outside to thank me once again.

Sauf's POV.

After the incident, I made sure I had cleaned myself of all the impurities. Lucky for me I didn't get any injuries, just some few bruises which weren't very visible. I was still terrified of what happened. Scared that the man might come back for me.
Then the flashback came.
Dearest wifey. Dearest wifey. Dearest wifey. Rayyan Malik. Rayyan Malik. Rayyan Malik. Rayyan Malik.

I managed to push the thought aside.

I went downstairs to get my henna done as everyone was already getting their done.
_________

Tomorrow would be my last day in this house, it was such a sad feeling that the people I grew up with, I had to leave them for a new home and a new life entirely. All the memories of this house, I would take along with me because those are what make me who I am.

After arranging my bed, Mona and Ismah came to me with shopping bags, I forgot to take them from Ammar's car the other day.

"Thanks sisters," I said trying to smile, to hide my pain of leaving them.

"Don't worry Sauf, you'll always be with us forever and always," Mona comforted me, with that we hugged one another. They helped me pack all of the stuff neatly into the suitcases dad had especially ordered for me from Louis Vuitton.

After we were done with that, I took the last pill of my pain killer to ease the pain in my body. We prayed Isha in congregation.

Mum stood up to sit next to me as she started giving me words of advice. Dad would also chip in some few sentences.

"My dear, it is said that a marriage can only work with patience, trust and tolerance. Don't let yourself lose these three things, they are very important. Little fights are common in marriages but if you're at fault, apologize and if he's at fault, apologize later on you can correct him. Be careful of the friends you make and don't give his family a reason to complain. Don't be too much of a talkative which I know you aren't. And don't ever raise your voice at him. Do what he likes and leave that which he dislikes. You're about to complete half of your seen so make The best of it. The rest I know you can handle because I know you're responsible." I was stunned at the words my mum said to me. This isn't my mum at all.