Chapter 8 (Unedited)

Annabeth's POV

Percy and I made it till break before we addressed the people that had been following us again; as hard as they had tried to stay out of sight we'd seen them tailing us this morning, from the moment we had left Percy's apartment. I had wanted to discuss it with Percy earlier, but he had sat through Algebra and English Literature, trying his best to stay still and pay attention, and I hadn't wanted to disturb him. I was grateful for the strings that Paul had pulled to get Percy and me in almost all the same classes together. Whilst my dyslexia wasn't great, I could still just about make out what would be written on the board, and in our textbooks. Percy's dyslexia however was at the point that in exams he was allowed someone to read the questions out to him, and teachers had been told to not mark him lower just because of his poor grammar - something that was largely responsible for all his past low grades. In the classes we had together I could usually tell when he was struggling, and would write down notes in Ancient Greek for him. Thankfully our only timetable difference was that I took Graphic Design instead of Home Ec. - it was the closest thing that Goode offered to Architecture, and would look good on college applications.

As we left our English classroom, we automatically headed outside towards the edge of the school campus. The conversation we were about to have would be best not overheard, by either classmates, or our new best friends. Sitting on a bench, I curled up on Percy's lap, trying to make us look just like another PDA loving couple. "Percy, what are we going to do about the people following us?" I asked, pressing my cheek against his. After a moments hesitation Percy wrapped his arms around me and rested his forehead against mine.

"We don't have many options. If they haven't figured it out already, they're going to realise that we know they're there soon, and we don't know what they'll do when that happens. Monster attacks haven't been too regular recently, so we might be able to get away without any fights being spotted for a few days more at least." Percy stopped speaking as a group of girls walked part, audibly cooing at us. He briefly grimaced, likely remembering the time when the entire Aphrodite cabin followed him around camp for a day, letting out aww's any time that we had interacted. "At lunch, before we come back out here to eat I'll send a few quick Iris Messages to Chiron, and Nico, to make sure they know what's happening, and to contact us in person, by phone,  and only over IM if it can't be avoided. There isn't much more that we can do till we find out a little more about the people following us. We can try to research the man and woman that we've seen at the library later, before we head over to see Nico and Will. Is there anything that I've missed?" I smiled, leaning up a little to kiss my boyfriend briefly. "Nope, you covered everything, as usual." I said, switching back to English. "It cant be far off next lesson so we should head back to the main building so you can get to Home Ec. and I can get to Graphic Design." 

With a sign, I clambered off of Percy and offered a hand to pull him up. He accepted, flashing me a cheeky grin, and before I knew it I had been pulled into his muscular chest. "You know Percy," I mumbled into his chest, smiling slightly. "Anyone would think that you hate Miss Cetaer with how often you are late to her lesson's, and if she thinks you don't like how, then she definitely wont help you learn to make blue cookies." Propping my chin on his chest, I gazed up into his  sea green eyes, and watched him pout out his lower lip. "Miss Cetaer is a great teacher, I just don't like having to be alone in her lessons. You could always ditch Graphic Design to come make cookies with me," he joked, reluctantly letting go of me.

Wrapping my arm around his waist instead I started walking us back towards the building's, only a little tempted by Percy's offer. "We both know that I'm a terrible cook Perce, you're the one that has the talent in that area. I can just about manage helping Sally to prepare dinner, but you know that I abandon the kitchen before anything has to be put in the oven. No you can be the house husband, who cooks delicious meals, and does the laundry, and I'll be the breadwinner with all my multi-million dollar houses that I'll build," I lightheartedly joked back. "Okay, I'd be happy with that." He replied with a serious expression. "I really do love bread." I exploded with laughter, unable to stop myself at his terrible joke. Without realising it, we had made it to the point where I would have to split off to get to my classroom, and come to a standstill.