Chapter 25 (Unedited)

Annabeth's POV

"Now that you are all here we shall start," Chiron said loudly, causing all the demigods to stop their conversations. "Thank you."

"Now as I'm sure you are aware, recently due to increased monster sightings permission to leave Camp Half Blood has been temporarily rescinded, and I believe that Camp Jupiter has implemented similar measures. I am sure you are also aware of the presence of 6 mortals in the room. Rest assured we will address both these issues today, I just ask for your patience, as these explanations are likely to be long winded. Leo, Connor and Travis, if you could attempt to not set anything on fire that would be much appreciated, as we do not have the time to put out any more blazes."

There were a few chuckles at Chiron's last request, but the fact no one - especially Leo - whispered '420 blaze it' showed the implied seriousness of the situation. Instead everyone tried to limit their fidgeting, focusing on whatever Chiron had to say.

"I shall start by addressing our mortal guests. They are Clint Barton, Natasha Romanoff, Tony Stark, Steve Rodgers, Bruce Banner, and Pepper Potts." As Chiron said each name he pointed to the respective person, who awkwardly nodded in greeting to everyone. "With the exception of Miss Potts they make up a group called the Avengers, and they act as a response team to threats to earth. So you should be able to find much to talk about with them. They are here today because they have been developing technology that allows them to trace monsters, and to a lesser extent monster remains, which was how they first met Percy and Annabeth. After witnessing Percy, Annabeth, Will and Nico take out several Empousa we have informed them of our world, and begun to develop what will hopefully be a mutually beneficial working relationship."

Chiron paused after all that, to let everyone register what he had said, before continuing to talk, bringing the subject back around to the increased monster sightings, as he had promised.

"Now, onto the monster sightings. Percy and Annabeth have reported a significant increase in monster interactions - with fights happening on average once or twice per day. When we compare this to the previous levels of once every four days, which it had stayed at for several years, this is a worrying change. Reyna," He nodded his head towards Reyna, for the benefit of our guests. "Reyna has also reported that whilst patrolling at Camp Jupiter they have also experienced elevated monster attacks, and whilst there have been no fatalities so far, there have been far too many serious injuries. I also contacted the few legacies - descendants of demigods who don't live at camp - that I am able to, and they have also noticed a significant rise in monster apparitions. Because of the risk this poses, especially to our younger demigods, Reyna and I have temporarily agreed to place our respective camps on lock down."

Immediately everyone started to speak over one another, some in favour of the idea, whilst others made it explicitly clear that they were against it. I could see Percy frustratedly fiddling with riptide in his hand, whilst Chiron waited for things to quiet down. However, people seemed to show no signs of quietening down, and instead the noise levels appeared to rise instead.

"SHUT UP," Percy yelled, the crowd immediately silencing at the clear irritation in his tone. "Chiron hasn't finished explaining yet, so why don't you actually find out what a camp lock down entails, before squabbling about it." He sat back into his seat, his hand finding mine for a reassuring squeeze, before we once more looked to Chiron to continue.

"Thank you Percy. Whilst Reyna and I have agreed to place both Camp's on lockdown, that does not mean that everyone will be forced to stay here. I know that Reyna will be briefing Camp Jupiter on their exact guidelines once she returns, but for now I will outline the rules that everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - at Camp Half Blood will be abiding by for the foreseeable future, till we find out the reason for the increased monster sightings. The Head Counselors for each Cabin will be responsible for ensuring all children - meaning those 10 and under - stay on safely within the boarders. If any of them need to return home, you will send them on to me, and I shall decide with them if it is safe to do so. All demigod's over 10 are still the Head of each Cabin's responsibility, but they may be enlisted to patrol from inside the boarders. Anyone who is not proficient with at least one weapon cannot be allowed out of camp, the risks of a monster attack are simply too great."