Chapter 14 (Unedited)

Will's POV

Arriving back at camp, I immediately dropped Nico off at the infirmary, and restocked my med kit. I took a little nectar before heading off to find Chiron. Just before we had entered her Aunt's house, Annabeth had asked me to do her a favour. She asked me to find Chiron as soon as I got back to camp, to tell him all that we had learned prior to, and during that meeting, and to ask for his advice. I had a feeling that Chiron would contact Annabeth privately if not, and we weren't fully sure of the IM situation around the team. We might be able to convince some of them that it was some sort of holographic message, but considering that we had told them that technology attracts monsters to us, I wasn't too sure they'd fall for it.

Chiron was sitting by the Big House, playing what looked like Solitaire. As I walked up to him he lifted his gaze to meet me, probably surprised that I was back. After all Nico and I had planned to stay at Percy's apartment and travel back in the morning, in an attempt to stop Neeks from passing out. I let out a slight snigger at that - he'd ended up shadow travelling three times in the space of about three hours and passed out twice, which showed how well that plan had gone. I pulled myself out of my thoughts, and continued to walk up to Chiron, sitting in the seat that he gestured me towards.

"What can I do for you Will? I wasn't expecting to see you and Nico again until tomorrow - and speaking of Nico, he is alright I hope?" Chiron's face was full of worry, and I immediately started speaking, not wanting him to worry when everything was mostly alright. "He's in the infirmary, but he's fine; he just shadow travelled too much, and with too many people. He's had some Nectar and some Ambrosia, he should be pretty much back to normal by tomorrow morning."

I could see Chiron looking at my injuries, and that the worry remained clear on his face. "We all ran into some monsters after we met up, Nico accidentally left his phone on, and the signal was just too much. The others needed the ambrosia and Nectar more than I did, so I planned on having some when I got back. None of the injuries are too bad, but I knew I would be able to restock my supplies and medicine when I got back so I prioritised the others' needs."

"But you wouldn't come to talk to me with such a serious expression for a simple monster attack, especially one that you know the cause of. So why are you here?" Chiron knew me too well. I took a deep breath and began to relay today's events.

"Nico and I met Percy and Annabeth at a McDonald's once they finished school. Minutes after they came in they told us about these people that had been tailing them, for the last two days or so. We then realised that  Nico's phone had been on by accident for at least twenty minutes, and knew that there might be a monster attack. So we hightailed it out of there, followed by the two people who had tailed Percy and Annabeth to McDonald's." Pausing I took a deep breath, already exhausted from recounting the tale of this afternoon. Chiron gestured for me to continue, only his eyes betraying his curiosity."

"We made it to an alley a few blocks away when we were attacked by several empousai. We were able to defeat them, with limited injuries, but the two people following Percy and Annabeth caught up, and saw the majority of the battle."

Chiron interjected. "But surely they did not see Will?" The emphasis on the word see was intentional, referencing the role of the mist on mortal sight. If only it was that simple.

"I'm afraid that Percy had to remove the mist from both of them temporarily, because one of the empousa was heading straight for them, and seemed to have the man under her powers. The Mist will return to them soon, if it hasn't already, because it is not one of Percy's strengths, nor part of his domain - but I'll come back to that part later." At that Chiron briefly raised his eyebrows, but stayed quiet waiting for me to continue. "The four of us were forced to make our way to Annabeth's Aunt's house, because it was the nearest place with wards up that we could make our way to, because all of us had minor injuries we needed to treat, and we needed to explain to some extent to the two mortals. We decided to split up, and have Nico shadow travel Percy and the two mortals to the house, whilst Annabeth and I took a longer route in order to lose any other monsters. Annabeth and I encounter a few more empousai about ten minutes from her Aunt's house and were able to kill them but were injured to a greater extent. I'm certain that Annabeth's knee was dislocated during the fight, but we were able to put it back into place once the monsters were defeated, and I got a few gashes. That's why I prioritised Nico and Annabeth with Nectar and Ambrosia, because their injuries were the worst. Percy said he had a little Ambrosia left at his apartment, but if I sent Blackjack early in the morning with some supplies that would be best."