Chapter 18 (Unedited)

Clint's POV

I had just returned from my shift at the school, when Tony ran into the kitchen. "Ah good there's someone in here. I've been looking for one of you guys for ages, but for some reason everyone seems to be doing something." I tried to stifle a laugh at Tony's forlorn words, knowing full well that he had probably been wrapped up in researching and forgot that everyone was following the schedule he had set up. "Anyway I've literally just had a text from that girl – Annabeth Chase." Suddenly Tony had my full attention. He flashed the phone at me which allowed me to read the full message.

Hello. Presumably this message has reached Tony the man we spoke with over the phone. We have received confirmation from our families and friends as to how much we can tell you. We can meet you at the house we took Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff to before at 5pm. You should already have the address. We'll expect at least one of the people we previously met to come, to ensure we are giving the correct people this information, but otherwise you can bring who you want, and as many – or as few- people as you prefer. Once you are at the house you can use whatever technology you wish to broadcast or record the conversation for the other members of your team/s as long as you promise not to reveal our secrets to others unless necessary. Thanks, AC

"Soooo?" Tony drew out the sound of the questioning word. "Are you down to come with me in an hour?" I need to find either Natasha or Steve, but I thought I'd just text out her message to all the others, and see who turned up."

"Tony, Nat and Steve and have been out keeping an eye on those guys. They seem to have a routine of studying at the library and then heading either home, or to visit Elsie. They're probably on their way to Elsie's house now. And Bruce is upstairs, we both just got back from our shift. He'd probably like to come, we can ask through JARVIS in a minute. We know that Thor isn't even on the planet right now, so it seems unlikely that he would be able to join us, but otherwise I think we'd all go. Give me five minutes, and then we should really start driving over - traffic at this time of day is horrific."

Within five minutes Bruce and I were strapped into the back of a car, whilst Tony drove us towards the address Steve and Natasha had been teleported to the other day. We'd agreed to meet the others there, and sure enough when we pulled up outside the house at just past five o'clock Steve and Natasha were sitting on the sidewalk, backs pressed upon a brick wall.

"Hey guys," Steve greeted us, Natasha offering a silent nod in our direction. "Percy and Annabeth arrived about half an hour ago, and said that as soon as you guys appeared to just head in." They both got up from where they were sitting on the floor, and began to walk up the path, not even bothering to look back to see if we were following them. After a second I shrugged and followed them, sensing rather than hearing Tony and Bruce's movement behind me. Crowding around the front door we were about to knock when the door swung open, revealing Annabeth on the other side.

"I take it this is all of you?" She asked, gesturing us to head towards the back of the house once she heard Tony's positive confirmation of our numbers. I recognised the glass conservatory from the video footage taken from Steve and Natasha. It seemed that this was the unofficial meeting space in this house. "Percy is just making some food for Elsie, he'll join us in a minute. Till then, can I get you anything to drink?" After listening to the numerous requests for coffee Annabeth slipped out of the room to prepare our drinks, leaving us to awkwardly stare at each other.

Thankfully Percy poked his head into the room within minutes, then bringing in several mugs on a tray. As he placed each mug on the table he listed off what was in it, allowing each person to take the drink intended for them. Just as he was handing out the last drink Annabeth came in holding two bottle of Gatorade, handing a blue one to Percy. He tried to hide the little smile that the sight of the blue drink brought to his face, but all it did was make me curious as to what about the colour blue made him so happy. The two of them made eye contact briefly before pulling themselves up to sit on one of the window ledges. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tony take theopportunity to turn on his camera, to record whatever the teens were about tosay.