Chapter 11 (Unedited)

Steve's POV

Tony was talking to Percy for almost ten minutes, before they came to the agreement that Percy would leave the phone on speaker till Annabeth and Will arrived, then they would let him know if it would be safe to turn on the camera again. I wasn't entirely sure what was unsafe about technology, or what the arrival of Will and Annabeth would do to change that,  but I stayed silent. What I didn't know about technology could fill several encyclopedias, presumably Percy knew what he was talking about.

I was awkwardly sitting there with my hands folded in my lap when I heard the front door close with a loud bang. Elsie called out again, and everyone visibly relaxed at the sound of a young female voice - Annabeth. Their conversation became quieter, presumably as Annabeth went into the room to talk with her Aunt. Her elderly voice led me to believe that she might be a great aunt, rather than an aunt, but I was quickly distracted from my rambling thoughts by Will's entrance into the room. He was sporting a shallow gouge across his cheek, and a rapidly forming bruise across his forearm.

"Perce, Kelli found us about two minutes after you guys left, I think our combined signal was too much to immediately disappear with you. We killed her quite quickly, she didn't put up much of a fight. Anyway we didn't see any others on the way here but lets not get too comfortab-" He stopped mid sentence, catching a glimpse of Nico's sleeping form next to me. His face softened, and he strode over propping Nico's body up so that he could sit next to him. "Percy I take it we're going to need Nico to take these guys back?" He asked, Percy nodding back at him.

"I only have enough for one dose of Ambrosia, I was planning on stocking up when we returned to camp tonight. Have you got any serious injuries or can I use it on Nico?" Percy held up one finger before slipping out of the room, presumably to check that Annabeth wasn't too injured. Whilst he was out of the room I exchanged a confused look with Natasha. Ambrosia? It must be some sort of medicine, but I'd never heard of it before - and judging by Natasha's confused look neither had she. The casual way that Will had referred to them killing someone called Kelli was also worrying, and I was hoping very hard that was a nickname given to one of these monsters.  Percy returned as these thoughts were flooding through my head, gesturing that it was okay for Will to use the Ambrosia on Nico. By now Nico was now laying down across the chair, his head resting on Will's thigh. Will gently swung his rucksack off, retrieving what seemed to be a small golden cube, popping it into Nico's mouth. I was about to say something, feeling that there was something incredibly wrong with the scene in front of me when I let out a shocked gasp. Before my very eyes some colour returned to Nico's cheeks, and he seemed to stir slightly from his sleep. He began to mutter in what I'd come to realise was a Greek dialect, which Will replied to quickly, a slight smile on his face.

"Sorry to interrupt your flirting, but do you have any Nectar, or at least some bandages in that med kit of yours Will?" Percy stated with a grin. Will sighed, rummaging through the bag that had made its way to the floor. "I have a bit of Nectar, you and Annabeth share that. I'll get some when I stock up back at camp, some antiseptic should do for now ... if Elsie has any?" Will trailed off his attention focused completely on Percy, his hands absentmindedly running through Nico's hair. I felt as if the teens had forgotten that Natasha and I were here, and awkwardly began to play with a hang nail. Percy left the room once more, swiftly returning with a tub of half used ointments and creams.

"See what you can find Will," he said, taking a few sips from the canteen offered to him in return. His cuts to began to heal, though not to the point that they were completely healed. Obviously Nectar wasn't as strong as Ambrosia, from the different effects we had seen both had. I shook my head slightly, surprised at how much I had taken these events in stride, ignoring the strangeness of it all. It was that moment that Tony chose to interrupt the teens, loudly.