Chapter 24 (Unedited)

Clint's POV

The quiet man pulled the van into a lone parking space behind a small wooden hut. He made a few gestures to the girl - Piper - who hopped out of the passenger side. She flung the side door open with what seemed like no effort, and indicated that we should follow her. 

"Chiron asked me to bring them straight to the Big House first so that we can get all the serious bits out the way before giving a tour and introducing them to some people. Annabeth could you get the heads of each cabin, and Percy could you fetch Will and Nico? They'll probably be training - Nico only got medically cleared yesterday, he'd been bugging everyone in camp about not being able to train till today. Reyna should already at the Big House, with a few of the Hunters, so if we can get all the head campers that should be everyone we need."

Percy and Annabeth both nodded and jogged off in the direction of several cabins. Piper began to walk towards a large blue house, with a pretty white trim. If it wasn't for what appeared to be a horse and rider stood on the porch, the house was exactly what you'd expect to see in an upper middle class american neighbourhood.

As we got closer to the house, I began to look closer at the horse. I wasn't the only one - we eventually drew to a complete stop, all of us staring up at what appeared to be a centaur on the porch. Piper turned around at the sudden silence, and realised what we were staring at.

"Gods, Percy and Annabeth can be so useless sometimes. I take it that they didn't tell you that the Chiron they referred to is the Chiron - the centaur from greek mythology? Well he is, so lets keep moving, else he'll think we're being rude." With that she spun back around and continued up the slight slope towards the house, all of us once again falling into step with her. I had a feeling that she had subconsciously put a small amount of that power into her voice again, as it was rare for any of us to follow orders without questioning them, yet here we were all listening to someone half our age, without a single complaint.

"Piper," Chiron greeted her warmly as we all reached the decking around the house. "And our guests. I believe I know all your names but not necessarily who is who. However lets save introductions for now until everyone gets here - it'll save you from having to do them twice. Follow me to the Rec room and we'll start our meeting shortly."

Briefly I made eye contact with Natasha, who shrugged slightly and gestured for me to follow Piper and Chiron into the house. They led us past several closed doors, offering no explanation as for what was behind them. Eventually Chiron stopped in front of a door that has a suspicious amount of holes in it around head height. "This is our rec room - it's where we hold meetings with all the cabin counsellors. Ignore all the holes in the door, we recently installed a darts board, and despite their parentage the Apollo kids seem incapable of hitting the board." Shifting to the side of the door he gestured for us to enter the room. 

"Piper, I'm going to go check on those in the infirmary, and give out the nectar Will left for them. I shouldn't be longer than ten minutes. If everyone arrives before I am back start introductions and try your best to keep the Stoll's and Leo from setting anything on fire. We've only just repaired the damage from the last meeting."

With those slightly concerning words he walked back up the corridor and entered the first room that we had passed - these rooms presumably being the infirmary he had mentioned. Piper opened the door to the Rec Room and walked in, Natasha close behind her. As I entered the room I felt my draw drop slightly at the random assortment of things in the room. In the centre of the room was a pool table that had been abandoned halfway through a game, surrounded by chairs. The back of the door we had come through did have a dart board installed on it, but Chiron had failed to mention that the outline of a monster body had been painted around it, as if the board itself represented the chest of said monster. You could tell that the bullseye of the board was hit regularly, with the majority of the holes in the actual door where the monsters head would be. A small table nearby was covered in dented ping pong bats, and a detatchable net, although there was not a single ping pong ball to be seen. The first wall you saw as you walked in had a whiteboard installed on it, not unlike what you find in a typical classroom. Piper had immediately headed over there and began to neatly write up a list of names.