Chapter 2

"Alex wake up,sweetie wake up" I hear a distant voice calling my name. What does this lady want all I want is to sleep if possible forever?

"Why should I? I have nothing to wake up to!" I said crying.

"Yes you do, you're just 17 you have all your life to live" she said trying to calm me down.

"I'm slowly dying inside, I have nothing to live for. My parents hate me, I have no friends, nobody. I don't care anymore. I just....I just want to die." Alex stop crying like a baby in front of a stranger she might think your crazy I tell myself.

"Look I know its hard and things will get better, you're here because god didn't have this plan for you , you have to fight". She looked at me with a motherly look.

"What's your name?" I asked

"Oh wow I forget to tell you my name, my name is Melissa McCall "she said laughing.

"Nurse McCall please come to the front desk, Nurse McCall" a big loud voice came out of the ceiling.

"Sweetie I'll be back alright?" She said almost at the door.

"Thanks for everything Mrs. McCall" I said trying not to cry again.

"I'm glad to, you're a beautiful girl and I want to help you" she said with a big smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright we can't contact your parents, so we are going to keep you here till they do" some old nurse was ranting about how parents are so irresponsible with their children. I just stayed quiet.

"Honey where are your parents? And I want the truth" Mrs. McCall comes in with a new set of scrubs. The old nurse leaves the room still ranting.

"Their not here" I said in a hush voice on the verge of crying.

"What do you mean their not here? You mean they left without you?" She said with a hint anger.

"Yeah they left yesterday morning, they didn't want a pest with them" I said sadly.

"Honey you're not a pest! You're beautiful and sweet and how could they leave you alone? Is that the reason you have burn marks and bruises on you?" She asked trying to calm herself. How can I tell her my father beats me everyday and my mom does nothing to stop him instead she burns me with cigarettes to make him happy. How can I tell her that they left me alone because they were sick of me and told me to kill myself that it would be a relief for them?

"Alex please tell me! I want to help you "she said holding my hand like a mother would do, her kid must be lucky to have a mother like that.

"Alright, my father and mother are abusive they burn and beat me everyday since I was 10, they hate me and I hate myself, I want to end my life and end this pain" I can't hold this anymore, Mrs. McCall just hugs me tightly.

"Sweetie I'm so sorry ,I know this is hard and it will get better trust me, I'm here to help and I will " she said in my ear still hugging me.

"Melissa did you find her parents?" The doctor walked in and stopped.

"Am I interrupting something?" He said about to walk out.

"No, you weren't, we were just having a talk "she said letting me go, wiping her tears.

"Doctor her parents died many years ago and she has no family" HUH? What is she doing?

"Oh I didn't know, I guess we have to call foster care" the doctor said.

"Hmm she will stay with me, I knew her mother in high school. I'm sure she would want me to watch over her till she's nineteen" Melissa said looking at me.

"Alright I guess if it's alright with the patient?" he said looking at me. Shit what I do now.

"I'm okay with it" I said trying to convince myself that it will be okay.