Chapter 7

Derek P.O.V

We drive in silence which felt nice. I couldn't stop thinking about her. The first time I saw her was at school, she looked sad sitting alone. I felt the need to protect her. I wanted to see her in person so I made an excuse to go see her.

"This pizza place is to die for" I park the car in front of the diner. I get out before her and open her door.

She quietly thanks me and walks behind me. I don't know why she's so afraid of men. Maybe that's the pain I see in her eyes. When I met her, what made me more projective even if it was the first time seeing her was her eyes. They were full of pain and sadness.

"For two" I smile at the waiter who gave us a seat close to the middle of the room.

We sat down and instantly she looked around and starts biting her nails.

A few groups were around us being loud.

"Do you want to order now or need more time?" Alex flinches when the waiter takes her menu away.

"A large cheese pizza and two cokes"

"Alright I'll be back with your drinks" he smiled looking at Alex but she kept her eyes down.

I put my hand on hers to calm her down. She froze looking at my hand. She begins to relax little by little.

"Let's get to know each other...... Any siblings?" She shakes her head.

"Only child you?"

"Had a sister"

"I'm sorry" she looks at the floor.

"Favorite thing to do?" I kept my hand on her till she stops biting her nails.

"Walk for hours in the park"

"Alone?"

"I don't have anyone..." She heisted before continuing.

"It would be better to talk to someone when walking for hours at the park but I don't have anyone" she stops biting her nails and looks at the ground.

"You have me" I squeeze her hand and she looks up.

"Here are your drinks, the pizza will be done soon" he puts the coke in front of us.

"Thank you" she said to him. She seems to be good now. I take my hand away from hers and drink some coke.

"Where do you live?" She ask me putting her hands down on her lap.

"I live in the middle of the Forrest" she raises her eyebrow confused.

"Really?" She takes a sip of her coke.

"Yup" I smirk making her blush. The waiter came back with our pizza.

"Oh god this is heaven" she starts eating like she never had food before.

"Sorry..... Haven't had pizza in years" she grabs some napkins shyly.

I start to get worried about her. What does she mean by that? It sounds like she didn't have much to eat or she never was allowed to eat.

"Where's your parents?" I ask taking a bite of pizza. She chokes on the pizza and starts coughing hitting her chest.

"They um died two years ago" she says like it wasn't a big deal. When I lost my parents I was a mess, I would cry every time someone would mention my parents.

"Oh I'm sorry"

"Wasn't close to them" she waves it off.

"What about you?" She takes another bite of the pizza slowly like she was interested in our conversation.

"They um died in a fire 7 years ago"

"Oh......my condolences" she lowered her head putting her hands on her knee.

"What's your favorite food?" She chuckles pointing at the pizza.

Her laugh is cute. I can't believe I'm saying this but Im falling for her hard....