Chapter 43

Derek P.O.V

"Derek why don't you go home and shower" Mrs.McCall says touching Alex arm carefully.

I haven't gone home these 3 weeks. Isaac brings me clothes and sometimes food. He comes to keep me company even if we don't talk.

I shake my head no sitting up. She nods writing something down on Alex clipboard.

"Hey mom" Scott walks in with a bag from McDonalds. He hands me the bag hugging his mom. I thank him quietly and take out the Big Mac and fries.

"Derek I'm gonna get the keys to the washroom so you can use the shower" she smiles leaving us alone. Scott drags a chair across from me.

"Derek I need to know what you did to Carter?" I shrug finishing my food. I beat the living shit out of him later I cracked his neck with pleasure. I wiped his stupid grin.

"He is dead" I threw the bag in the garbage and stared outside.

"The cops are asking a lot of questions but I'll back you up till the death." 

"Thanks" I half smile grabbing Alex hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ello gents" Isaac says walking in the room. He handed me a bag with fresh clothes.

"Here Derek" Mrs.McCall pops her head in the room holding out a key.

"Thanks" I grab them and look at Alex.

"I'll stay with her. Go shower" Isaac sits on the side opening a book. I turn around and open the bathroom door. They put her in a private room so more people can stay in the room. Mrs.McCall pulled some strings so we don't have to pay.

I strip out of my clothes and turn the shower on. I stand in the hot water just looking at the floor.

Her smile pops out in my head. Her laugh and the way she bit her nails when she was nervous.

When she showed me her arms I got so angry at her parents but the way she talked about them, no hate whatsoever. If that was me I wouldn't be able to forgive them.

I was walking to my car when I saw her from afar. She was listening to "Pump up kicks by foster the people". She was so beautiful that day but that didn't attracted me, her pain made me want to meet her. I could feel so much pain and a little bit of happiness but it was burdened  deep inside. I knew I had to protect her.

I knew that day I needed to talk to her. I had an excuse to see her.

She made my life brighter. She gave me a reason to smile.

I turn the shower off before I turn into a raisin.

I get dress in black sweatpants and a grey T-shirt. I throw the bag in the corner and sit back down.

"She has good taste in music" Isaac says looking through her iPod. He throws it to me and continues reading.

I put the earphones on and press shuffle. I laugh to myself as our song 'sweet child o mine' played through my ears.