Chapter 49

Alex P.O.V

I look at myself in the mirror. I still had dark bags under my eyes.

I've taken a shower and got dressed in my washed out jeans and black t-shirt that I missed so much.

The doctor is letting me go home after a week that I have woken up.

"Alex? Where are you? Alex?" Derek yells nervously.

"I'm in the bathroom." I yell back looking at my chest. It's slowly healing.

Derek told me that Carter won't ever hurt me again. He must have killed him.

"Are you okay in there?" Ever since I woke up Derek won't leave me alone. He doesn't want me to get hurt or lift anything heavy.

"Yes Derek" I said coming out of the bathroom and hug from behind.

"You worry to much" I said going on my tippy toe and kiss his cheek.

"You ready to go home?" I nod eagerly. He laughs grabbing my bags.

"Where's my teddy bear?"

"At my house drinking tea"

"You really hate the bear eh?"

"It took me 30 minutes to shove it in my car."

"Alex ready to leave this dreadful place?" The doctor said smiling.

"Oh yeah!"

"You need to take this for the pain. This cream twice a day and I hope I don't have to see you again" he puts the meds in a bag and hugs me. He's a sweet doctor. Derek told me he would come in the room to watch me when he would go and shower.

"I hope so too... Don't work so much" I smile grabbing Derek's arm and walk to the elevator. I'll be staying with Derek. He talked to Mrs.McCall and asked her if I could live with him.

"I got the fridge stocked up with food. I got a lot of movies. Soup and me" he smirks kissing my head.

"Way to cocky" I smirk back.

"Smirking looks better on you" he gently grabs my face and plants me a kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I love you!" I yell out to the tv as Johnny Depp appears.

Derek jump awake looking at me with concern.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt? Where's your pain killers?" He gets up looking everywhere.

"Derek I'm okay I just saw my future husband" I smirk pointing to the tv. You could see his eyes change to jealously.

"Why him? He won't love you like I do" he says making butterflies in my stomach.

"Come here" I grab his shirt and pull him on top of me.

I start kissing his neck and chest. He chuckles kissing my lips.

"Sorry babe but not tonight" he smirks kissing me softly.

"Aw" I say pouting. He smiles holding my hand.

"Alex I love you and want to spend my life with you"he says taking out a little box.

He is not doing what I think he's doing?

"Will you marry me?" I couldn't help but smile and tear up.

"Oh my god yes yes!" I jump on him making him fall on his back.

"Forever and always" he says softly kissing my nose.

For the first time I don't feel alone or hurt.

I feel love and finally happy.