1

Ren's P.O.V

"You need to tell us what happened," The policeman said.

I didn't speak, I don't want to relive what just happened. Who knew me taking nap in my cat form would end like this.

"Sir, we need you to tell us what happened" 

"You should already know what happened, you saw their bodies, you saw them dead on the floor" I hissed. 

"We need to know how the person who murdered your family looked like" 

"I don't know, I was sleeping then I heard screaming"

After an hour of the police interrogating me, I was sent to a foster home. 

"Ren this is where you will be staying okay?" My foster mom said.

I nodded and went into the room. 

"Dinner will be in an hour so you can get some rest" 

She closed my door and I took off my beanie and pulled my tail out of my pants. I went into my cat form and jumped onto the windowsill. I looked out of the window wrapping my tail around my body. For all of the bad stuff happening it's a nice day.

"Ren, dinner's ready"My foster mom knocked 

I lifted up my head and jumped down from the windowsill turning back into my normal neko self. I stretched and put on my beanie and stuffed my tail back in my pants it hurts hiding them but I have to do it or I'll be kicked out" 

"Hi there Ren, you hungry?" My foster dad asked.

I looked at the table and there was a lot of sushi on a huge plate in the middle of the table.

"I hope you like sushi, we were told you like fish and I like to be extra with food," My foster mom said.

I sat down at the table and I saw a plate at a chair but no one there.

"Kalvin was supposed to be here for dinner, I guess he's staying out again tonight" My foster mom sighed 

"Eat up Ren, we're going to watch a movie after dinner," My foster dad said

I nodded and grabbed chopsticks and put some sushi on my plate.

"Night Ren," My foster parents said. They left my room and I changed into my cat form and laid on my pillow. I like sleeping in my cat form more than my regular. 

"Hey there cutie" A guys voice said picking me up 

I purred as he started to pet me. Whoever he is he smells nice and he's warm. The guy laid down and fell asleep next to me.

"Ren hun, breakfast," My foster mom said.

I opened my eyes and saw that I'm back in my normal form. I heard a groan and someone pulled me into their body. I put on my beanie and hid my tail before they woke up.

"Ren?" My foster mom opened the door and I looked at her with pleading eyes for her help

"Kalvin" She shouted 

"Hm? Wait, what happened to the white cat? Who the hell is this?" The guy said falling off the bed.

"This is Ren, your new foster brother, and you know the rules about animals," My foster mom said

"But, there was a white cat here last night" 

I got up and hid behind my foster mom. Kalvin saw me last night and slept with me. 

"You were probably having a dream"

"Does this mean I have to share my room?" Kalvin asked

"Only for a bit, we still have to work on Ren's room" 

Kalvin groaned and went downstairs.

"I should have told you that you and Kalvin are going to share a room for a bit, anyway, get dressed and come down for breakfast, you and your foster dad are going shopping, take any shirts and pants from the closet." 

I nodded and my foster mom walked out closing the door.  I opened the closet and the first thing that I saw and liked was a white sweatshirt with a black hood and black pull strings. I saw a pair of black pants and they look like my size.  

After changing I walked downstairs putting on my beanie and making sure you can't see my tail. The smell of waffles hit my nose and I fell down the stairs. 

"Ren oh my god are you okay?" My foster mom asked 

I nodded and got up smiling a bit letting her know that I'm fine.

I looked around the mall and saw a boba stand

"Boba" I smiled pointing at it

"Want some?" My foster dad asked

I looked up at him and nodded quickly 

"Um, can I get a peach boba tea please?" I asked the lady at the stand 

"Coming right up, anything else?" The lady asked

I looked over at my foster dad and he shook his head no at took out his money.

"We're home," My foster dad said walking inside. 

I went in and kept drinking my boba. 

"How was shopping?" My foster mom asked as we went into the living room.

"Let's get Ren's stuff up so he can put his things away and I'll tell you about it" My foster dad smiled.

"Really? He talked?" I heard my foster mom say from downstairs as I put away my new clothes

"Yes, it made me so happy, and I guess he loves boba because that's what he said at first" 

"I hope he starts talking more, and I hope he calls us his parents, he's such a good kid" 

"What are you crying about?" Kalvin asked 

"N-nothing" I wipped my tears.

"So the white hair boy does speak" Kalvin smirked and go up "It's funny, the white cat showed up when you did, it had white fur and you have white hair" 

"What of it?" I hissed

"Tell me" Kalvin pinned me to the wall trapping me "Were you the white cat?" 

"That's dumb, do I look like a cat to you?" I sunk down a bit

"No, but if I remove this" Kalvin reached for my beanie and before I could stop him he pulled it off "Holy shit you have cat ears" Kalvin stepped back.

I started to tear up and I opened the window and jumped out of it turning into my cat form.

"Ren wait" Kalvin shouted. 

I ran fast to a nearby park. I jumped onto a bench and laid there.