Chapter Two

Y/n's pov

The day went by slow as always. I sat in the back of the classroom and let my attention drift off as the clock neared three. I spent my time drawing small pictures on the back of my notebook. The bell snapped me out of my dazed state. I gathered my books and hurried out the door with everyone else.

{TimeSkip}

I walked into my house and closed the door behind me. I called out a greeting but was met with nothing. I smiled and sat on the couch, I fished out my small metal lighter and smiled fondly at it. My smile faultered slightly as I stared into the small light. It was something so small and inconsequential but it never ceased to fascinate me. I turned on the TV and continued to fiddle with the small piece of metal in my hands.

I grew board over time and took to the kitchen. Propping myself up on the counter I looked around letting myself run loose with my thoughts, knowing it was inevitable. I thought about my future and the nothingness it held, about how I can't stop hurting those around me and digging myself deeper into worries and problems. How much I just wanted to be away from everything.

I snapped my head up to look at the time, five thirty-eight, meaning I've been here about thirty five minutes. I shook my head and closed my eyes letting tears run down my face, I choked back sobs as the world around me started to blur. My head started feeling light as I stumbled to my feet, the only thought going though my head was to get away from this house, this town.

An idea popped into my head and a small hopeful smile replaced the ever present frown. The thought always kinda lurked in the back of my thoughts but now in the spotlight it seemed to good to be true. I stumbled over to the stove and grabbed a roll of paper towels. I slowly reached my hand over to the dial and lit a flame, creating an orange glow. My body seemingly going on auto-pilot pushed the paper towels into the flame creating the white roll to catch instantly. I quickly threw the roll growing with heat and fire into the trash. It crackled and burst up in flames quicker than I thought possible, I gasped and stumbled back now realising the horror and stupidity of what I just did.