Chapter Thirty-Four

Y/n's Pov

Toby's body shook as he let out broken sobs. Me, Kate, and Masky exchanged worried looks before I knelt down to his level and started to rub his back in an attempt to calm him down. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him making me land on his lap straddling his waist. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his tear-soaked face into my neck. I let him do it and gently rubbed circles on his back as I slowly took off my mask not making any sudden movements.

Masky cleared his throat making me look up at him. "What's the plan?" He asked looking at Toby's shaking form. We sat in silence for a few seconds before Kate perked up. "We could call L.J?" She offered pulling up her mask. Masky sighed and closed his eyes. "He can teleport us back." Kate continued looking at Masky. Masky agreed and mumbled out a 'fine' and walked to a nearby tree, taking out a pocket knife he carved a strange symbol into the tree. Kate took over and placed her palm in the center and started to mumble out a few incoherent words making it glow a soft gold. She stepped back and watched as the light grew to make us shield our eyes and pull down our masks.

Once we opened them the symbol was gone and a black and white figure stepped out from behind the tree. "Sorry to bother you L.J but it's Toby," Kate said stepping aside so me and Toby were in view. "Oh my," He said as he made his way over to us. Toby let out more small whispers and whines as they talked. "What happened?" He said turning to Masky. "We think he saw someone from his past. He broke down and we were wondering if you could get us back to the mansion?" Masky asked gesturing to Toby. "Of course." he spoke lowly.

He put his hand on Toby's head and instructed Kate and Masky to wait here for him to get them, they both nodded and stepped back. As the air around us became strangely light the sensation of being shot forward as an intense speed rushed through me. I gasped and clung to Toby's twitching body as I dug my face into his hoodie. The feeling faded away. I looked up to find us in the mansion's living room on the couch. Everyone in the room looked towards us because of our sudden appearance. Some started to laugh at the position me and Toby were in but quieted as they heard his broken sobs. A few seconds later Masky and Kate landed on the couch from about a foot up, L.J holding each of their arms.