Chapter Seven

Y/n's pov

"Took you long enough Rogers we have a problem." Someone called from upstairs.

I shifted my weight to each foot as I heard three pairs of foot steps came down the stairs "There was this person and th-" as the three rounded the corner they saw me and stared. Feeling uncomfortable I flashed them a wave like motion. The girl with the black and white spotted mask rushed up to us and bombarded the boy with questions.

"Where'd you find them?"

"I was on m-my way back-k from my mission and t-t-they were sleeping under a tree. I was g-going to k-kill them but they had-d my other hatchet s-so I as-assumed they met you-u-u."

"Dear god what happened to your shoulder?" she asked concerned looking at his shoulder.

"Little b-bitch shot m-me" He grumbled tightening his already tight grip.

She shot me an accusing glance like she didn't believe I did. The two others walked up and joined the circle. The man who's name I remembered was Masky from when he called 'here's Masky' piped up "Who's gonna deal with them?"

My eyes when blank. I just got out of hell and I'm going to die, I didn't even make it three days. It was over. The thought floating around my head in the only clear thing I can make out. 'Wow you really fucked up...'

Masky's pov

"Who's gonna deal with them?" I said nonchalantly looking around at Kate and Hoodie then letting my eyes drift to them. They went still and their eyes unfocused. I've seen people's reaction to this line plenty of times, this wasn't fear or shock. It was more like deep thought. I wonder what their facial expression would be as they got killed. Hoodie reached for his hoodie pocket pulling out a note pad and pen scribbling down words. I assume not wanting them to hear what he is saying.

He handed it to Kate first, she read it over and looked at him questioningly. I snatched the note pad from her and looked it over.

'I want them as my proxy. There's something there, I've got it from here.'

Scoffing I handed it to Toby, the intruder still tight in his grip. He looked up from the note, shrugged, and pushed them towards Hoodie. They collided with Hoodie and he gripped their shoulders. They snapped their head up looking at his mask with no emotion. He motioned for Toby to give him his note pad. Once it was in his grasp he let them go and started to scribble on the page holding it up to them once he was done not wanting us to see.

They just stared not comprehending whatever he wrote."My names Hoodie you may address me a such." he spoke in a low voice.

He held out his hand for their backpack from Toby, he slung the bag off his shoulder and held it out. "Oh y-yeah and t-they had t-t-this" he said pulling out a gun from the back pocket of his jeans handing it to him. He nodded a thanks and grabbed them. He put a hand on their back and led them to the stairs, him following close behind them.

Y/n's pov

I was numb the sounds and shapes around me seemed to mix together. My freedom was over I was going to die, not that I minded death it was just too soon, I was so close to happiness. Just a few more weeks and I would've been happy. The grip on the upper arm disappeared and I was shoved forward into something.

Snapping my head up I see the man with the ski mask looking down at me his hands resting on my shoulder. He let go and reached out for something behind me, his hand came back with a brown note pad and he started to write. He held it up to me showing me what he wrote

'I'm not going to hurt you.'

"My names Hoodie you may address me a such." He said in monotone voice

Looking at him blankly wondering what I missed in my numb state. He motioned to the boy who carried me for my bag, he nodded and handed it over, then perked up. "Oh y-yeah and t-they had t-t-this." Looking up I could see he was holding my gun out to Hoodie, a spark of happiness lit within me but was short lived as Hoodie started to guide me upstairs.