Chapter Thirty-One

Y/n's pov

I started to relax as the air got a little less tense. I played a few games with Clockwork, BEN, Jeff, and a few others yesterday and I met a few new people. We started again today, It's been a few hours and it's about two in the afternoon. I'm currently playing Kate, Masky, and Toby in Mario kart as they hurled sarcastic remarks at one another.

Me and BEN sat in the middle of the two keeping a fist fight from breaking out. Last place out of the three us has to take over missions for the next two weeks so we were all on edge. I rapidly clicked on my controller trying to recover from my wipeout putting me in 9th place. Toby nudged my side "Damn 9th pl-lace, even H-hoodie could do b-better." He snorted as he kept his eyes glued to the screen.

I let out an annoyed sigh and continued playing until BEN tapped my shoulder and held out his hand for the controller. I looked at him for a brief moment before silently handing him the controller. He smirked devilishly as his finger seemed to dance over the controls his eyes never once leaving the screen. In no time at all his was in first and crossing the animated finish line and he swiftly placed the controller back in my grip.

Toby threw his hands up in the air. "What?!" Masky learned forward and intervened. "You got last place out of the three of us, a deals a deal." He smirked. "No fair." Toby mumbled to himself throwing his controller down. Kate stretched her arms over her head and let out a relieved sigh.

I smiled to myself as I glanced at BEN, he had a smug look plastered on his face. Hoodie walked up to us and leans on the back of the couch, chuckling slightly. Kate and Masky high-fived and laughed about how they'll spend the time off, mocking Toby. I frowned slightly not liking the joke and looked towards Toby. He was slumped back in his seat with his mouth guard and goggles on, a habit he does when he's mad.

I nudged him making his head turn in my direction. "Want to do something else?" I asked trying to make him feel better. He pushed back his goggles into his messy brown hair and nodded. I pulled my mask to above my lips and scowled at the two. Kate and Masky's expression of triumph changed rapidly to a small frown. I paid it no mind and jumped up pulling Toby with me. Masky glared at us as we made out way to the door. "Wait." He said jumping over the couch and trotting over.

"Hey no fair!" Kate said repeating his actions. "What?" I asked slightly annoyed as we walked out the door. Masky walked next to me and put a muscular arm around my shoulders. "I didn't want you to be mad." Masky said sincerely. "And Toby." Kate added glaring at Masky. He snorted but stopped when I snapped my head up to look at him. Toby glared at him and continued walking ignoring them. "W-where are we going an-anyways." Toby said looking sideways at me.