Chapter Thirty-Nine

Eyeless Jack's pov

The movie ended and I stretched my arms over my head letting out a small yawn. I looked around the small room glancing at some sleeping figures. I stood up along with the others that were awake and turned on the lights momentarily blinding us, some rolled over in their sleep in an attempt to escape their inevitable wake up. I took my plate in the kitchen, putting the half eating kidney back in its designated jar. When I walked back into the main room I found a group gather around someone on the couch. The group consisted of everyone but the proxies and Sally, who lay sleeping on the couch. I shuffled towards them and peeked over the couch. My face distorted in confusion. "Why are you guys looking at Y/n like that?" I questioned rubbing my face in an attempt to wake myself up more.

Clockwork snickered. "BEN wants to take off their mask." She remarked in a semi-whisper.

"What?" I hissed "That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard!" I said looking sideways at BEN.

He held his hands up defensively. "They'll never find out though, we'll just hope they're a heavy sleeper I guess..." He shrugged trailing off.

I shuffled back. "I'm not a part of this, its an invasion of their privacy." I said turning my head away.

BEN shrugged. "Your loss." and gripped the edges of the mask gently before lifting it slightly. I quickly put my hand on his wrist stopping him. "Dude are you sure we should do this?" I asked shifting my weight uncomfortably. He quickly recoiled from my grip his hand talking the mask with him. The small sound of the string snapping was audible though the silent room and Y/n quickly sat up due to the mask being violently ripped from their head. They look nothing like the freak we envisioned, they had cold e/c eyes, looking almost drained of life, round lips that were parted slightly from shock and smooth skin void from any scars, and tangled hair accentuating their facial structure.

Their head snapped in different directions, their eyes squinted from the bright celling light. Once they focused they looked at us and slowly brought their shaking hands up to their uncovered face. We all stood frozen in shock knowing there was nothing we could do to stop this now and waited for their reaction. Finding their face uncovered they quickly used both hand to shield their face, in futile hopes we haven't seen their face yet. They peeked though their fingers towards the mask clutched in BEN's hands. "Y/n?'" Jane tested cautiously.

They stood up ignoring Jane's words and stalked over towards BEN. Everyone took a step away not wanting to be in the middle of them. Y/n's cold eyes flicking dangerously towards the rest of the group warning use to stay back. "Give it the fuck back." They hissed approaching BEN taking one hand off their face holding it out for the stolen mask. Ben quickly handed it over his hand slightly shaking.

They quickly snatched it from his grip and turned around and placed it on their face. They had to use a hand to support it due to the broken string. Their body seemed to quake with rage and anger as they walked towards the stairs. As their foot touched the fist step they turned around looking sideways at our motionless forms. "I hate all of you." They spat and took off up the stairs.