Chapter Twenty-Three

Y/n's pov

"TIMES UP!" Someone in the crowd yelled.

We stopped our struggles and rolled off each other, panting slightly as we sat there. After a few seconds Jack got up and held his hand out to me, helping me up. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up to my feet. I walked over to my sledge hammer, gripped it and swung it over my shoulder. Me and Jack made our way back to the spectators. I lifted my mask to above my nose and wiped some blood off onto my jacket sleeve. E.J looked at my actions "Your skill is impressive." He said "If you have any injuries feel free to come by my room."

I looked at him questioningly wondering why I would go to his room. He shook his head and pointed a thumb at himself "I was in training to be a doctor." He said letting his gaze drift back forward.

I let the subject drop and pulled down my mask as we reached the crowd. I remembered Hoodie and seeing him during the fight. I looked over the group of people and saw him in the front. My thoughts were interrupted as Masky ran up to me and lifted me up swinging me in a circle "You did so good!" he said lowering me and hugging me tightly.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, resting the side of my mask against his chest. He let go and turned to the other spectators "Pay up."

He bet on me? I smiled slightly and watched as he collected his biddings. A boy with gray skin, long black hair covered partly with a gray beanie, and glowing gold eyes walked up to me. "That was pretty impressive, where'd ya' learn to fight like that?"

At this point a small crowd was around me waiting for my answer. I looked down and cleared my throat "H-hoodie, he helped my with training. Also missions." I mentally face palmed, did I really just stutter?

I shook it off and looked at a boy with paper white skin and an unnaturally large smile who stepped closer to the center of the circle "You've been on missions, like killed people?" He said sounding like he didn't believe me.

"Um, yeah..?" I asked confused.

His eyes lit up and his smile got impossibly wider. "What's your favorite way to kill?!"

I looked at him slightly alarmed than thought about it looking down. "Setting them on fire." I said looking up.

He seemed pleased by my answer and responded with energetic eyes. "That's a good one! Mines choking, ya' know seeing the light drain out of their eyes. You just can't get that expression with a gun or knif-"

"Jeff really, do we have to get into this again?" Hoodie said walking over to me and put his hands on his shoulders. "I gotta' head back. You Ok from here?" He asked me resting his chin on my head.

I nodded and he lifted up his mask and smiled at me. "Good job in the fight. I'm glad I got to see part of it." He said as he wrapped his arms around me lifting me up slightly.

He put me down and grabbed Toby by the hood of his hoodie pulling him with him. Kate glanced at them "Dumbasses." She mumbled shaking her head. Than sighed and trailed behind them.

Hoodie turned around and called to Jeff "Watch yourself." Than disappeared into the tree line.

Jeff ignored Hoodie's comment and turned back to me "I wanna see you kill!"

"Um.. I don't know... I mostly go with Hoodie and.." I trailed off

His face dropped "Oh, Why? Are you guys like dating or somethi-"

I rapidly shook my head cutting him off. "Boss." I spoke softly.

He nodded and opened his mouth to talk but someone cut him off "Told you! Pay up!" Someone shouted making me flinch slightly.

I turned my head to the side and looked at a girl with a clock for an eye and a stitched smile holding up her fists triumphantly in the air. Than held out the palm if her hand to a boy with a white mask with a red painted smile hanging around his neck and and blue jacket with a yellow smiley face pin on it. He groaned letting his black hair fall into his light blue eyes and dug his hand in his pocket digging out a few tens, shoving it into her palm. Seriously what's with people and betting on me?

Jeff snapped a few times making me look back at him "I still wanna' see you kill." He said with energetic eyes.

"Yeah after the fight you put up I would like to see that too." L.J chimed in.

I rubbed the back "U-um.." I said my voice cracking slightly.