Escape the Maze

You felt slightly nervous as you were marched towards one of the 3 wooden posts Gally had erected for your banishment. You weren't nervous for it to go wrong, you were nervous because Thomas had agreed to go to the Centre and get the girls before you left. You were nervous to see if they were all ok. You were worried if they didn't want to leave and, like Gally, thought new things were dangerous.

Teresa was being marched to your left and Thomas was faking asleep so he was being dragged. Minho and Newt were keeping an eye from the side and Chuck was waiting with supplies behind the group so he couldn't be seen.

You were stopped when you got to Gally and Thomas was dropped on the floor. "This is such a waste," he said looking at us, "It's a shame Y/n, we could have been good friends." You didn't say anything only glared at him.

"Gally," You recognised Winston call out, "It doesn't feel right man."

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right, maybe he can lead us home," one of the Medjacks added hopefully.

"We are home, ok?" Gally told them walking forward and raising his eyebrows as if it was obvious. "I don't wanna have to cross any more names off that wall," he shook his head.

"And you really think banishing us is gonna solve anything?" Teresa asked.

"No," Gally said, you glanced at Minho confused who mirrored your emotion. "This isn't a banishing, it's an offering," he finished.

"What the hell?" You yelled before being slammed against the middle pole forcefully and wrists tied above your head.

"Wait, what?" Teresa asked confused as she was also tied up.

"You really think I'm going to let Thomas back into the Maze after what he's done? Look around you, look at our Glade. This is the only way and when the Grievers get what they came here for, everything goes back to the way it was!"

"You're crazy," You muttered rolling your eyes and leaning casually against the pole.

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there he's crazy?" She continued to question them. From that comment, she gave you the impression she would say or do anything to save her own skin. Something you were going to remind yourself to keep an eye on.

"Would you shut up?" Gally argued with her. 

"If you stay here the Grievers are going to come back. They are gonna come back and there are gonna keep coming back until your all dead."

"Shut up!" Gally yelled at her, "Tie him up," he pointed to Thomas. "Did you hear me I said tie him up!" He repeated when his friends didn't move straight away.

"You need to work on your people skills," You told him raising your eyebrows.

"Shut up," he glared at you stepping closer.

"Or what?" You challenged glaring back at him.

At that exact moment, Thomas hit the two boys holding him. Newt knocked out one of Gally's friends, Teresa kicked her captor and Minho stopped Gally from nearly hitting you, which you were grateful for. Frypan untied you, and Newt gave you your knife back. You stood with Chuck who nodded to you with a nervous look in his eyes. You half smiled to him trying to tell him without words, that everything was going to be alright.

"You're full of surprised, aren't you?" Gally spoke sounding annoyed. 

"You don't have to come with us but we are leaving," Thomas told him. "Anyone else who wants to come now is your last chance!" He called the group behind Gally.

"Don't listen to him he's just trying to scare you," Gally told them.

"No, I'm not trying to scare you you're already scared. Alright, I'm scared. But I would rather risk my life out there than spend the rest of it in here. We don't belong here, this place isn't our home. We were put here, we were trapped here. At least out there, we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that."