Grievers attack

"Over there!" You yelled spotting a Griever closely behind Thomas and the others. It's long metal legs stamping hard on the ground as it tried to eat them. It stopped and was about to attack when you threw your spear at it hitting it in the neck, Newt, Frypan and Minho followed your lead and began throwing theirs.

The creature was distracted for a second and you heard Tomas yell "Go, Go!" pushing people out of harm's way. You were following them when you felt something grab your ankle sending you faceplanting towards the floor.

You rolled over quickly and saw Griever was advancing on you snapping its jaws menacingly. One of its pointy spider-like legs stabbed into you arm painful pinning you to the ground. You screamed in pain kicking it as hard as you could in an effort to escape. You refused to die here, you still needed to find Angel and the other girls. If you died here they'd never know what happened.

It roared as it prepped its needle to stab you. You tried to wiggle out the way but it was no good it had you pinned too tightly.  It was just about to send the needle into your stomach when suddenly a spear went straight into its mouth and it released you instantly writhing and screaming in pain.

You felt two pairs of strong arms pull you to your feet smoothly. It was Minho and Thomas.

"Nice timing," You complimented feeling slightly relieved

"Anytime," Minho replied.

"Keep going we're nearly there," Thomas yelled as the 3 of you began sprinting for the Council hall. People were shouting from the doorway, encouraging you to go faster. You didn't dare look back as you heard another Griever scream to your left.

Your arm was stinging painfully and you felt it growing hot which meant it was probably bleeding. You ignored the pain knowing it'd be sorted out when you got there. It wasn't stopping you from running so you pushed through it.

You skidded to a halt inside the Hall and the door was slammed behind you. The boys over there began barricading the door in a effort to stop the Grievers in. It looked secure but probably wouldn't last if lots of them attacked at the same time. You pulled your sleeve out the way and saw a deep hole where it had stabbed you with its leg, luckily it didn't go all the way through your arm but it was deep.

"You stung?" Minho asked looking at your arm closely appearing next to you and puffing slightly.

"No," You answered breathing heavily and pulling out a bandage with your free arm. "I'll survive."

You awkwardly began trying to bandage it up. Rolling his eyes Minho pulled you to the floor to avoid getting stabbed from the roof and began bandaging it up properly. "Thank you," you said quietly.

"Don't mention it," he answered, the ends of his mouth curling slightly.

After he finished it secured it firmly and you both got to your feet. You were shoved back into reality instantly when a Grievers tail broke through the roof and pulled down the pole supporting the building. You and Minho who were stood directly under it were showered in bits of wood. You fell to the dusty floor covering your head with your hands in an effort to protect yourself from the wood cascading down on you. Several people yelled out your names and began trying to clear the wood away.

You felt yourself be pulled forward when a strong pair of hands grabbed your shoulders and cleared you from the wreckage. Newt was there pulling you out from the wood with a concerned look on his face. "You alright?"

"Yeah," you breathed feeling winded. "Thank you."

He nodded checking your head for cuts.  You mentally relaxed when you saw Minho brushing himself off not far away next to Thomas. You would've felt awful if he died because you were stood in the wrong place at the wrong time after helping you. Which would've been your fault.

The Griever's tail began pulling people out one by one. You were all going to die if this kept up. It smashed a new hole and grabbed one guy then knocked poor Chuck over. "CHUCK!" Everyone shouted running towards him. A creature picked him up and began pulling him out the hole.

You grabbed one of his hands and tried to pull him back. You didn't know the kid but you couldn't stand back and watch him get taken. He looked the youngest and fear was plastered over every inch of his face.

"DON'T LET GO!" Thomas shouted to your left pulling on his other arm in an effort to save the youngest boy.

"NO SHIT!" Chuck shouted back. You almost laughed at the kid's choice of words at a time like this.

The Griever began to pull harder lifting you off your feet slightly. A pair of arms grabbed your waist to pulled you back to the floor, you looked around briefly and saw Minho. You didn't have time to say anything as Alby smashed the Grievers needle away from Chuck shouting loudly. He smacked it away again and it released Chuck completely.

He flew forward causing everyone holding him to fall backwards. "Thanks, Alby," he spoke taking deep breaths, apart from being shaken up the kid looked alright. You struggled to your feet and helped Chuck up brushing the worse of the dust off yourself.

All was calm for possibly five seconds while everyone stood back up or dusted themselves off and got back to their feet. You couldn't hear any sounds from the Grievers and hoped they had gone away, sadly they hadn't.

You watched in horror as a Griever tail suddenly thrashed back in and grabbed Alby who was stood closest the hole. "ALBY!" Thomas yelled grabbing his arm, but it was no use Alby disappeared into the darkness. Thomas turned on his heels and sprinted outside with everyone hot on his heels shouting at him to stop.

When you got outside you saw the destruction the Grievers had left behind. A few things were on fire, dust and smoke were hanging in the air making it difficult to see very far. The sounds of the Grievers screaming was gone, it was now deathly silent. It was a horrible sight. You could see the pain in Newt's eyes as he looked over the Glade he'd lived and worked in for so long. It must be hard seeing something you've worked so hard to build get destroyed so quickly.

A figure came stalking out of the smoke towards your group. You couldn't tell who it was from this distance not really knowing anyone here. "Gally," Thomas spoke, indicting who it was, before Gally punching him right in the face.

Some boys grabbed Gally and held him back while he was shouting something ridiculous about everything being Thomas's fault. You weren't paying him much attention you were watching Thomas, he had grabbed the Grievers sting off Chuck and was holding it with the needle pointed towards him.

"What are you doing?" You asked feeling slightly worried he was looking all too comfortably at the point of the needle.

"Thomas?" Teresa asked at the same time looking worried too. 

"I need to remember," he said turning to her. Then glancing at you, you simply nodded knowing he had a choice, and he made the right decision in your opinion. You'd never experienced the Changing or being stung yourself but knew a few people who had. It'd been horrible to watch so you assumed it was even worse to go through.

He nodded back to you before stabbing himself and collapsing to the floor. "Chuck, get the other syringe," Teresa shouted as he collapsed to the floor and closed his eyes.

Thank you for reading, I'm currently editing chapters that have already been posted again. Sorry if you thought it was an update😂
Lotta love AFG