Escape

You woke up your eyes stung from the light in your room, you rubbed them and groaned. You slowly got to your feet feeling confused. You were laid on the floor of a long rectangular room, sets of bunk beds were pushed against the walls and there was a small bathroom attached.

You walked over to the sink and glimpsed at your reflection in the mirror. Your eyes widened in shock when you saw your own face. A big red bruise was very visible on the left side of your face, there was a big cut on your lip at the side, dried blood was stuck above your lip from your nose bleed. You were sore everywhere from that bloody electric, that guard was a shank.

"Shit," You muttered. Then the memory came back of what happened. "Shit on it."

Janson, your uncle, Wicked. The memories flashed in front of your head, you needed to tell the boys. You jogged over to the door but it was locked. You looked around for a different way out.

You spotted the entrance to the vents in the form of a grate in the ceiling. "Seriously?" You groaned. Why couldn't it have been on the floor?

Thinking quickly you dragged one of the heavy bunk beds into the centre of the room. You sat on the top bunk and pulled the grate off throwing it onto the floor.

"Here goes nothing," you muttered crawling into the vent.

It was dusty and dark, you resisted the urge to cough as you heard voices all around you. You began to realise how impractical this was you had no idea where the boy's room was and this place was like a maze. The best solution you could come up with was to keep going until you heard them or saw someone you recognised.

You felt the vent slope down and had a fun moment of sliding on your front like a penguin. You turned a corner and heard a voice you recognised.

"Thomas! What did you see?" It was Newt. You hurried up following the sound of their voices until you saw them in the room below. You must have been on the floor above them.

You kicked the grate down as hard as you could sending it crashing loudly to the ground and scaring the clunk out of all of them, they turned around watching the hole you'd made waiting for something to happen. You dangled your legs down and started to lower yourself in.

"Y/N?" Minho asked confused.

"Hey," You greeted hanging, you felt hands grab your legs and they helped lower you to the floor.

"We sure are glad to see..." Newt started but stopped when he saw your face.

"What the hell happened to you?" He asked. 

"Ratman," You answered blankly.

"I'm gonna kill him!" Minho shouted loudly making you jump.

He examined your injuries a softer expression on his face. He gently glided his finger over your red cheekbone. "Did he do this to you?" He asked quietly.

You nodded, "Him and that asshole of a guard did. He had this horrible electric thing, I swear I still feel tingly."

"I'll snap both their necks," he said casually making you laugh. 

"You've been away for ages when did they do it?" Newt asked urgently. 

"When I was taken out at dinner." You told them.

"But that was days ago," Newt told you.

"Seriously, I remember being taken back to my room before I passed out."

"Sorry to interrupt," came Thomas, "But we really need to go," that reminded you why you came to find them in the first place. 

"Shit. It's Wicked, Ratman he's with Wicked we never escaped!" You said urgently. 

"It's alright we know," Fry said.

"How?" You asked. Thomas pointed at a kid who was casually sat on a bed.

"I'm Aris," he waved shyly.

"Y/n," You replied slightly confused.

"Let's go," Thomas said going into the vent under his bed. Everyone began to follow him. How come their vent was on the floor, you had to get to the ceiling to get to yours. Finding it difficult to keep up with what was happening you slipped into the vent as you heard the card reader outside click unlocking the door. "Come on!" Minho urged pulling your wrist.