Impulsive decision

"Think about what you're doing," Janson stated a slightly smug look on his face.

You nodded to Newt and Minho and began to walk to Thomas. He turned and looked at you confused when you stood behind him. Newt and Fry appeared too and he looked sad but understanding. If he was going to blow himself up, we were going to join him. Screw whatever Wicked had planned.

"We're with you Thomas," Newt nodded a dark and determined look in his eyes.

"No," Teresa breathed tears in her eyes again but you didn't feel sorry for her now. She betrayed her friends and now she had to watch them die.

"Don't," Ava said a worried look on her face.

"Think about this Y/n," Janson said looking at you, "Your father wouldn't be happy, would he. What a troubled family we are."

"Well, thanks to you I'll never know." You snapped back at him.

"What's he talking about? What did he mean family?" Thomas asked looking at you confused.

"She didn't tell you?" Janson smiled slightly.

"Tell us what?" Minho asked looking at you as well.

"Dear Y/n is my brother's daughter. That makes her my niece." Janson said sounding triumphant that he had dirt on you. You bet he wished nothing more than you cause mistrust between you and the boys moments before you blew yourself up. Maybe it'd push you away from them like Teresa.

The others looked at you not saying anything they seemed to accept the information without blaming you, you couldn't pick who your family were. You knew they were upset you didn't tell them but right now it didn't seem to matter. "It's alright," you smiled sadly, "I'll get to see him soon."

"Thomas," Ava said looking imploringly at him.

"I'm not going back there," he replied his voice cracking slightly. It was a tense moment of silence before Thomas was about to press the button.

You remembered something you hadn't done yet, "Wait!" You said stopping him feeling impulsive, "There is something I wanna do first."

Everyone looked at you confused, you looked at Minho and before you could overthink or complicate it you leaned up and kissed him. It wasn't anything special but you felt a mixture of happiness and relief that you had done it. His lips were surprisingly soft.

You pulled away, then he registered what happened and he leaned down and kissed you again. His hands found your waist and yours were at his neck. In those seconds it was like you weren't about to blow yourself up, wasn't like 100s of people were watching. He seemed to pour every emotion into the kiss telling you exactly how he felt about you and you did the same thing. If you were going to die you wanted him to know how you felt first. 

"Nice one guys," Fry laughed, "Only Y/n would stop something this important to kiss Minho."

You pulled apart. He had a big grin on his face like when he realised he had been struck by lightning. You had somehow managed to reduce the tension in those strange impulsive seconds. "Now I can die," You said smiling despite the situation facing Teresa, Ava and Ratman again.

You weren't scared anymore, Minho's hands were holding your waist tightly. You had no family here to stop you, maybe death was the best cause of action, "See you soon, S/n," you whispered to yourself closing your eyes and waiting for the explosion, for the pain to hit you and fire to engulf you...

But it never came. Instead, you heard the loud roar of an engine and the loud beeping of a car horn. You turned quickly and saw a truck driving at full speed towards one of the landed helicopters.

You watched in ore as shots were fired at it but it did nothing to slow it down. At the end of its journey, it went over a small rap and crashed straight into the helicopter.

You threw yourself to the floor when you saw the blades fly off and race towards the crowd. They hit a few guards and they felt to the floor and didn't get up again.

Chaos unfolded Wicked was struggling to get ahold of control again. You got up and tried running for cover but a few guards ran to your group shouting. "Freeze!"

Thomas threw his explosive at them and sprinted away screaming. "Get down!"

You felt yours being forced to the group for the second time and someone slightly on top of you protecting you, shielding your body with theirs. The explosion was bigger than you thought and if Thomas had activated then when he planned to it surely would have taken Ava, Teresa and Ratman with you.

Getting back up you nodded to Minho and started running. You heard the loud repetitive sound of Vince's machine gun firing. He must've got it working.

Minho released your hand and picked up a rifle he shot a guard that was trying to get Thomas.
"Get out of here go!" He was shouting loudly. You sprinted back to find cover. Peaking your head over it you saw Minho shooting guard after guard who was trying to reach you.

To your horror, you saw Minho get shot by one of those electric guns the Wicked soldiers had.

It was like in slow motion you saw him drop the gun and collapse back onto the crate behind him looking at you. "Minho!" You shouted trying to run and help him but you to caught around the arm by Thomas.

You looked into his eyes for the last time and he passed out. Guards grabbed both his arms and started dragging him back to the Berg.

You struggled even harder against Thomas' restrains. "Help me with her," he called to Newt and Fry. Another pair of arms on your arm and someone holding your waist tightly. You still struggled with all your strength, tears streaming down your face, to reach the ex-runner you realised you liked way more than a friend.

You somehow managed to elbow and kick them so much you slipped out their fingers. You sprinted as fast as you could your eyes fixed on the retreating guards holding Minho. You ducked, rolled and dived to avoid getting shot.

"Minho!" You screamed again.

Two pairs of stronger arms grabbed you. It was Frypan and Jorge, you wouldn't get out of their grip. But you still tried with all your might crying uncontrollably watching Minho in the Berg. You saw Janson struggled in after him holding his shoulder that you hoped it was really hurting him.

You finally stopped struggling when they pulled you a safe distance away but they didn't let go of you. You saw Teresa stood by Ava and before you could stop yourself you shouted, "Traitor!" You were sure she heard you because she looked down and Ava patted her shoulder telling her something.

The doors began to close and for the last time in a long time, you looked at the disappearing body of Minho still being held up by guards. The second the door closed the engines roared and it took off disappointing into the dark night sky.

When the noise had vanished into the distance you couldn't help yourself but broke down in tears. Jorge and Fry finally released you and you sank to your knees unable to hold yourself up.

You felt a hand on your shoulder you looked up slightly to see Newt, you hugged him tightly. He didn't do anything to stop you crying he just patted your hair comfortingly. You hadn't cried like this since S/n died and you didn't think out would be able to stop until morning.

You couldn't remember much of the rest of that night. Only that you cried the whole time while the others slept. You knew you wouldn't be able to sleep even if you tried, you were scared about what they would do to Minho.

Would you even be able to get him back?
Would they kill him?

You didn't care what it would take but you promised you would get him back.

I cried so much in the movie, it's sad this book in reaching it's last few chapters.
Lotta love AFG