Gladers Vs Grievers

You weren't really paying attention to the run to the Blades and, hopefully, your escape. You were lost in thought about everything that had happened. Several times you tripped over rocks or holes in the floor and needing to be steadied by Minho or Newt.

You could tell they were worried about you as one of them always seemed to be running very close to you. You didn't mind though, enjoying the company. You liked the thought of them being worried about you, it showed they cared despite not knowing you for very long. You didn't feel like you could fully trust them yet but you also knew that if they wanted to kill you, they would have done it by now or left you with Gally. For now that proved they were just lost and scared looking for a way out like you.

You couldn't believe this time three days ago you were still happily going about your day in the Centre with all the other girls having no idea what would happen soon.

You wished you had gone back to them sooner, gone straight back before the Grievers attacked, things may have ended differently. Maybe some of them would have been alive to escape with you. Your eyes stung and a tear rolled down your cheek. You didn't bother to wipe it away, you just let it fall.

You wondered what S/n thought of you now.
Would she be proud?
Would she be angry?
Would she have wanted to stay in the Centre?
Thanks to the people Teresa and Thomas worked for, you'll never find out.

You tripped over a stray rock that was obviously right where your foot was going to go. You felt your ankle twist painfully and you fell to the floor. "Y/n!" Newt called skidding to a halt and running back to you. It was only then that you realised he ran with a limp.

"You alright? What happened?" Thomas asked worriedly coming back and kneeling next to you. The rest of the group stopped to take a break, they weren't used to running this much.

"You ok?" He asked you quietly so only yourself, Minho and Newt would hear him. 

"I'm just... overthinking. Wasn't concentrating," You admitted to him sadly.

"Jeff!" Thomas called, one of the Medjacks jogged over.

"What happened?" He asked looking at your ankle. 

"Twisted it," You replied trying not to look in pain.

Jeff didn't even need to pick it up to see how bad it was you jerked away from him when you touched it even gently. "You have done that well, it's nasty," he told you grimacing. 

"Great," You muttered sarcastically. "Well, we can't stay here, we need to keep moving." You started to struggle to your feet.

"Careful, careful."

The three older boys held you as you carefully got up and gingerly put weight on it. Your eyes watered from pain but you pretended to be ok which probably wasn't very convincing.

Thomas didn't deny that everyone needed to keep moving. "Just take it slowly," he said before walking back to the group. You didn't blame him, what could he do?

You slowly put more weight on it as the group began slowly continue, Minho stayed very close to you which you were grateful for.

In the short time, you'd know him he has switched his attitude ever since Gally was rude to you when you first arrived. He had been acting a lot for friendlier, you were getting more comfortable with him and him with you. Hopefully, you'd be close friends when this was over. He was easy on the eye and even in his messy state he was good looking you couldn't deny that.

You couldn't remember any boys from before the Maze. Sometimes snippets would come back in dreams but that was it. If they were all as good looking as Minho, life couldn't be so bad out of the Maze.