Revenge

You watched the sunrise sending an orange glow over the destroyed camp. Dead soldiers were scattered around but no one moved them or paid them any respects, they had killed more of you.

Everyone began to wake up due to the light but you could tell it was still very early in the morning.

"Y/n," Newt said he had been lying next to you in an effort to make you feel better. "Y/n, you alright?" He asked. You looked at him, you knew your eyes were very red and you probably looked terrible but you didn't care. You felt empty and dull. All night you'd had horrible thoughts about what Ratman and Ava would do to Minho. Eventually, you'd cried so much you didn't think there was any water left in your body.

"Fine," You muttered back watching everyone gather in a spread out circle. Brenda and Jorge were sat on a group of rocks, Newt was holding a helmet in his arms looking at it, Fry was near him looking around, Thomas looked like he was packing a bag.

"What now?" Thomas asked Vince who had crouched down with Harriet both holding guns.

"We pick up what's left of us." He started, "Keep to the plan and get you kids to the safe haven." You glanced over at Newt, he looked at you back an unreadable expression on his face.

"Then we start over again," he said standing up and looking around at the destroyed camp, the dead bodies and the smoking tents.

Thomas stood up and put his bag over his shoulder, you predicted what he was going to say and you were already with him.

"I'm not going with you." Bingo. You stood up and walked a little closer to hear what he was going to say.

"You what?" Vince questioned even though Thomas sounded very clear.

"I made a promise to Minho, that I wouldn't leave him behind I have to go after him." You saw Newt and Fry look at each other, you knew they'd come along before they even spoke.

"Kid look around you," Vince said gesturing to the destruction, "Wicked just kicked our ass." Newt and Fry had stood up and now stood next to you. "You think where you're headed."

"I'm not asking anyone to come with me," he said shrugging, you caught his eye.

"You know I'll follow you," you said, "There's no point denying that I have feelings for him." It felt strange for you to admit it but you did. "I'm not abandoning him now." Thomas nodded he looked slightly relieved he wasn't on his own in wanting to get Minho back.

"Listen to me," Newt said taking a step forward, "I've know Minho for... well as long as I can remember. So if there's any way that we could get him I would be standing up there next to you, but this what you're talking about, it's impossible."

Brenda and Jorge moved closer to join in the conversation. "More like suicide," Jorge said, Brenda smiled at you and you half smiled back.

"Maybe," Thomas nodded, "But I know what I'm supposed to do now," he picked up a rifle and put that over his shoulder. "It's not just about Minho, it's about all of us, it's about everyone Wicked's ever taken, everyone they will take. They'll never stop, they'll never stop, so I'm gonna stop them." You nodded your approval Wicked had to be stopped. "I'm gonna kill Ava Paige."

"I have to admit," Harriet spoke up for the first time, "I'd like some revenge."

"Well it's a good speech kid," Vince nodded giving in. "So what's your plan?"

Everyone turned and looked at Thomas. He had a look on his face like he was soon deep thinking.

Your eyes felt wet, dried tears had made your cheeks feel dry and sore, but for the first time since you were picked up by The Right Arm, you felt determination, like you had a purpose. Wicked had done this to you for all your life and it was finally time for it to end. You would get Minho back and well... see what happened.

The End........ Or is it?

Heya guys, this is the final chapter in this story. I can honestly say I've really enjoyed writing this story and I'm happy people have enjoyed it. I'm not very good at adding these little notes at the end so I'll keep it short.

I know my writing could be a lot better and there is much room for improvement, I'll probably come back in the New Year and edit it all again so it's the best it can be. 

If any of you are wondering if I'll make a sequel, I do want to because I've found out a way I can add my Reader character into the story of TDC. If enough people say they want one then of course I will but that's up to you reader. 

Thank you once again for reading,
Lotta Lova AFG