I hate cranks!

After a while of walking, the sun was beginning to creep up over the horizon. Despite the situation, it was a gorgeous sight, the knocked down buildings were black silhouettes in front of the fiery orange sky.

"It's beautiful," You muttered in ore of the sight. You closed your eyes feeling the warm sunlight on your face.

"Yeah, she is," Minho said behind you to Newt.

"Pardon?" You turned around curiously not hearing what he said properly.

"I said yeah it is," he agreed quickly with Newt next to him nodding. You rolled your eyes turning back around and beginning to untie your hair. Now you were feeling a little safer you thought it was best to take it out. Loose strands were starting to irritate your face, maybe Teresa would do it again for you if you asked nicely.

Minho's POV

"She nearly heard that," Newt warned Minho quietly who was slightly relieved as the group walked in between the buildings. 

"She does though," Minho pushed as Y/n began to undo her long braid. From the angle the boys were stood at her hair reflected the sun perfectly making it look like it was glowing gold. Her silhouette against the sky stood out and emphasised her good figure.

"I'm going to have to agree with Minho with this one," Fry added behind them watching you. It's not that she was the only attractive girl the guys had seen. Teresa and Brenda were both very pretty but the boys liked Y/n's fierce personality better so it made her 10 times more attractive to them. You'd been there with them in the Maze and fought to save the other Gladers. History over mystery.

"Watch where you're looking," Minho warned his two friends feeling protective all of a sudden.

Newt surrendered immediately, "She's all yours mate. I don't think anyone else could handle that personality." Fry's eyes lingered a little longer on Y/n who hadn't put her hair back up leaving it down and unintentionally, distracting the 3 boys.

"You ever going to tell her your feelings?" Newt asked casually. 

"Shh," Minho covered his mouth instantly. Y/n looked around confused at what the boys were doing. They smiled awkwardly at her and she rolled her eyes turning back to face where they were going.

"If you tell her I swear to god I will break you both!" Minho warned glaring at them. 

"We won't, will we Fry?" Newt checked and Fry nodded. 

"Good. And maybe I will tell her one day. It's just finding the timing. Everytime I thought about telling her something has got in the way." Newt was about to respond when Jorge ducked behind the window of a building and beckoned them closer.

Your POV

Jorge was kneeling down under the broken window of a collapsed building. A door with broken glass was next to him and there was the chilling sight of blood coating the spiked glass.

"There is our problem," Jorge pointed over the window into the room.

"What?" Minho asked narrowing his eyes looking suspicious. 

"Take a look," Jorge shined his flashlight into the room which turned out to be an abandoned office building. Chairs and tables were strewn on the ground and papers were littered everywhere some flapping in the breeze from the broken window.