Attempting to Admit

You spotted the others sat on an outcrop of rocks talking. They beckoned you over when they saw you approaching. You could tell by the looks on their faces that they were eager to know what you'd talked about with Mary.

When you reached the top you sat next to Minho and rested your head on his shoulder. "Hey Y/n," Thomas called getting your attention. You looked up at him, "What did Mary tell you about?"

You paused for a second wondering how much you should tell them. "She told me who I am. Who my father was, how he died and how I ended up in the Maze," You explained. Probably best to leave the part about Ratman out.

"How does she know?" Newt asked interestedly, "Does she know us too?"

You shook your head sadly, "She knows me because I grew up here, me and S/n both did. She said my father was one of the first Right Arm leaders."

"Practically royalty then," Fry laughed. 

"She told me they got raided by Wicked one night when they came looking for immune kids. Ratman killed my dad and took me and S/n. Sounds like Janson was just proving that Wicked was stronger than the Right Arm was. Anyway, apparently my mum died from Flare, but I can't really remember her. I'm just glad I found out about my dad."

"That's pretty cool," Minho smiled, "I'm glad you found out about it."

"Me too. I wish S/n could have seen all this," You smiled sadly.

"And Ably," Newt added,

"Winston," Fry smiles sadly.

"And Chuck," Thomas said holding a small wooden looking doll.

"He would have been proud of you, you know Tommy," Newt told Thomas.

"Yeah," he replied sadly in a low voice.

The mood dropped as everyone remembered someone they had lost getting here. It was a shame S/n died in the Maze, she would have been a big help in the Scorch. She was so clever and logical, she would have known exactly what to do. But you couldn't help but smile to yourself thinking she would have been happy you made it this far. You'd made it this far for the girls back in your Maze, you'd see this to the end for them. They deserved to be here but it wasn't meant to be.

"Hey, Aris!" Fry shouted, you looked down and saw him sat by a fire with Sonya and Harriet.

"Hey guys," he waved back smiling.

"You know, I kinda like that kid," Fry admitted looking back at you.

"Yeah, still don't trust him though," Minho added smiling his cute smile. You could help but laugh with the others there had been so little to laugh about on the journey here, it was finally nice to laugh. It was nice to finally feel safe, you could honestly admit being here, at the Right Arm Base the place where you grew up, you felt relaxed.

"Hey, where's Teresa?" Thomas asked.

"She went up there," Newt answered pointing to the big mountain next to you. You looked over and saw her stood at the edge of it looking out over the land. Thomas stood up and began to walk over to her.

"You alright?" Minho whispered putting an arm around your shoulder.

"Yeah, I feel safer here," you answered genuinely despite your worries about Teresa driving you nuts.

"Good that's important," he replied and you could tell he was smiling.

'Tell him you have feelings for him, you don't want to miss your chance' Mary's words came into your head. It had been nagging at you since she said it which was making you think you should say it.

"Minho, can I talk to you for a second?" You asked taking hold of his hand and standing up.

"Yeah sure," he answered gripping your hand back and following you out of earshot of the others who were watching the two of you with suggestive looks on their faces.

"What's up?" He asked a look of worry came on his face, "You're not hurt are you?"

"No no," you smiled at how caring he was. "No, I just wanted to tell you something." You realised as you finished your previous sentence you didn't know how to word it. You had no idea how to word that despite everything you'd gone through in the Maze, escaping Wicked and travelling here that you'd started to like him. Like him more than just a friend.

"What is it?" Minho asked you looked away from him suddenly feeling very nervous, your heart was pounding which stopped the words coming to your lips. What if he didn't like you back? You didn't want to ruin your friendship, what if it became awkward? Why are you thinking about something like this in such a ridiculous situation?

"I guess I'm trying to say," you paused again. Why were you doing this?!  "I'm trying to say I...."

You were cut off by an explosion to your left. You turned shocked and saw two Wicked helicopters had shot down and the camp was now ablaze in a flowing orange fireball.

"Shit on it," you muttered. People were screaming and running around trying to keep out of the fire. Then out of the dark darkness above a Burg appeared making fear and frustration course through your veins. It was hovering over the camp, the people in black suits started being lowered down on wires.

"We will continue this later. We need to help them!" You called over the chaos. He simply nodded and you both began sprinting down to the camp. You pulled off your blanket and threw it to the side dodging through people and headed towards Vince.

He was stood in the back of a truck trying to get a machine gun to work. "How can we help?" You asked him. 

"Here," Harriet passed you a hunting rifle.

"You know how to use it?" She asked you smirked biting back a sarcastic retort that wouldn't help anyone.

Like when you first used the pistol instinct took over you. You pressed your back to the truck and ducked behind some crates. Minho, Newt and Fry were on the other side all shooting too.

You aimed at a soldier coming towards you, he shot his gun at your forcing you to duck behind your cover. When you looked back up you saw Harriet stood there, "Thanks," You muttered continuing to shoot soldiers. 

"No problem," she replied. You covered her as she reloaded.

"Vince, get that thing fixed!" She shouted as more and more soldiers appeared, they were coming closer and closer.
"Hang on!" He shouted back fiddling with it.

"Vince!" You warned as a load of shots were fired in his direction, he ducked quickly.

"I'm out," you shouted realising you had run out of bullets. You quickly ducked to avoid getting shot yourself.

Suddenly you saw something blue and flashing soar over the top of you and land in the truck.

"Oh no," you heard Vince mutter and it exploded.

You guessed it was some type of shock grenade because it emitted a blue glow. You felt a painful electric shock go through you, your body went numb and you slipped out of consciousness and fell to the floor.

OH SHIT! Why did they have to ruin the moment, you were just about to confess!!
If you have seen the movie y'all know what's coming next.
Lotta love AFG