11. Agreements & Pizza

Richard stood and watched as Farrah walked away and disappeared from his sight; not knowing what to do or what to say. How do you answer; what do you answer when someone questions who you are?

She knew who Richard is – his title and his position being his definers; now she was asking who he was as a man. The funny thing is, Richard himself didn't know. And the worst part of not knowing is he is finding himself lost. Lost in the news, lost in the hottest gossip rags, lost in his life, lost in his causes and now lost in Farrah. The last one though; being lost in Farrah, was a pleasure and a sweet torture. He wanted to take her in his arms and keep her there. He wanted her so close that even when she's gone the smell of her perfume still lingers on his clothes, warming him from the inside out. He needed her hugs to ground him to her, so that his heart even when it races out of control knows its way back.

He knew that she had wanted him here, at her flat tonight. She had wanted him to stay. All those times that he had met her and talked to her previously taught him that every action that Farrah takes is purposeful. There is thought and purpose behind her actions. And today, she wanted him to stay. She might think that he didn't notice her hopeful tone, her grin when he agreed, or even the frown as she fixed the clasp of his watch, but he did. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, not even for a minute, and he didn't want to.

He knew his family; and they are rightly afraid of Farrah taking advantage of him, especially knowing how closed off he is when it comes to his mother's death. And now, he was the one proposing to talk about it on national television. Oh God, I'm losing my mind, he thought. But the image of Farrah's face that day in his office never left his mind and her words rang in his ears.

"People would pay attention to Princess Elizabeth, never to a random Mrs. Khan from Birmingham"

There were so many people suffering from depression in silence, ashamed of it. There were so many people out there who didn't understand how crippling this disease was. How it breaks you from the inside and leaves nothing for you to mend yourself with. And if he could educate people and provide them with a safe space where they can speak up, be heard and achieve help...to achieve all that, he would allow Farrah to take whatever advantage she wanted of him. He allowed it wholeheartedly. Although, he shouldn't be complaining too much. There was something for him to gain in all this; Farrah's company and attention. The more time he spent with her, the more of her he wanted. Walking slowly back into the living room, Richard decided that he could dwell on his feelings for her later. Now, he had business to attend to.

"Is there somewhere we can talk privately?" he asked Farrah as he entered the living room and picked up the papers he brought with him.

Raising her eyebrows, "Sure," said Farrah and walked towards the kitchen. Turning around she said to Charlie, "Use Ubereats and order pizza from Homeslice. Get me half vegetarian and half Margarita, you can order the rest with Ben." Leaving Charlie with a Cheshire cat like smile, shaking her head Farrah lead Richard to the kitchen.

Richard took in the kitchen as she switched on the lights. It was done up in shades of whites and blues. It reminded him of Santorini, of warm summers, and its rich coffees as he spotted a red Gaggia coffee machine.

"I assumed you would be a tea drinker?" he said as he motioned towards the coffee machine.

"I am; that's Charlie's."

"I guessed as much." He nodded, the side of his lips curled up slowly.

"Did you? How?"

"Well, it completely clashes with the décor," Richard said teasingly as he cocked his eyebrow.