44. Family Portrait

(unedited - Please read chapter 43 first)

Farrah breathed a sigh of relief; the interview portion was finally over. Another seven days to go before the entire segment is to go on air, and Farrah couldn't wait. She knew that the subject matter would have an impact but how big an impact was yet to be seen. She was nervous...no, she was terrified to be honest. Why? Because at the end of the day, those people in the large corner offices will only look at the numbers. The numbers will reflect on how big a success this entire segment was.

She'll be heading back to the office today and together with Mark, Will, and Rachel. They needed to put together a teaser by tonight to get it approved to start running on all the BBCS channels tomorrow. Farrah had an inkling of the parts that Rachel might pick. It'll be those attention grabbing one liners that'll make the viewers raise an eyebrow. And hopefully it'll hook them enough that they'll tune in to watch.

Farrah was busy wiping off the makeup of her face in one of the guest restrooms when she heard a gentle knock. "Sorry, it's an emergency," she heard Victoria's voice from the other side of the door.

Quickly binning the dirty make up remover wipes and washing her hands, she opened the door to a distraught Victoria.

"I'm so sorry Farrah, but Beatrice had a massive blowout in her nappy and this was the nearest bathroom," she rushed out.

"It's alright. Do you need any help?" Farrah asked as she watched Victoria quickly strip the onesie off her baby and start on the clean-up.

"Thank you for offering. But believe me when I say that you don't want to be here when I open this nappy," she said with a small laugh. "But it'll be great if you could just send someone in with Beatrice's bag. It's blue in color and is bursting with extra clothes and nappies."

Farrah quickly found the bag and took it to Victoria herself. "Tell me what you need from in here?" she called out.

"Lay out her changing pad on the chaise and a towel over it please. We'll be out in a minute, thank you," Victoria answered.

Doing as she was told, Farrah set the area up and waited for Victoria to come through. She came out with a wriggly baby in her arms and set her down on the chaise. Beatrice was wriggling so much that Farrah quickly picked up a rattle from the bag and started dangling that above her. Beatrice was enraptured with it and with her attention diverted, Victoria quickly strapped on a clean nappy and babygrow.

"Thank you so much for that," Victoria smiled at Farrah. She saw how Farrah was watching Beatrice with soft eyes. "Would you like to hold her?" she asked softly, and Farrah looked at her with wide eyes, nervous. "I promise I have washed away all evidence of the blowout," Victoria said solemnly with a mischievous smirk. "And I also really need to use the ladies," she added.

"If you don't mind, I really would love too," Farrah said as she gently picked up Beatrice and cradled her. Her head resting perfectly in the crook of her arm. Farrah gazed into the baby's gray eyes and whispered, "Mashaallah." She gently touched the Beatrice's cheek who was looking up at her with wide grey eyes. Farah smiled down with her and was awarded with a gurgle and happy kick from Beatrice.

Richard stopped dead in his tracks at the sight in front of him. Farrah was cradling Beatrice, smiling lovingly down at her. His heart ached in that moment, more than anything he wanted that with her. He wanted a family with her. He wanted to have her look at their child with love in her eyes. He wanted her to look at him with love in her eyes and the words on her lips.

He slipped out his phone from his pocket and quickly snapped a few photos. He slipped his phone back into his pocket and walked up to them. "Hello, my gorgeous girls," he said softly as he crouched on the floor next to Farrah. He kissed Beatrice's head and looked up to find Farrah already looking at him with a smile on his face. "Hi," she answered shyly in return.

The sound of the shutter clicking made them both look around searching for the sound. Victoria looked guilty with her phone in hand, her face flushed. "Sorry, the three of you just looked so beautiful that I couldn't help myself," she said bashful. Farrah smiled at Victoria and looked at Richard again who was shaking his head with a smile on his lips.

"You all sorted with Beatrice?" Richard asked slightly concerned. Victoria had immediately dashed off to the restrooms the moment she saw the stains on Beatrice's back.

"Yes, got her all cleaned up with Farrah's help," Victoria said warmly.

Slapping his hand to his thigh, Richard said, "Well, I need to head out now. I'll see you soon little Bean," and dropped a quick kiss on Beatrice's head. As he made to stand up, he said in a softer voice, "I'll call you later, love" and dropped a chaste kiss on the side of Farrah's head. She froze in shock. It was a very public display of affection in front of his sister and Farrah wasn't sure how to react. She vaguely heard Victoria asking where her kiss was, but she wasn't sure what Richard had answered, her heart was pounding in her chest.

She watched as Richard strode away, back from the same direction that he came. She was trying to avoid looking at Victoria. Farrah could guess that Richard must have mentioned somethings about the two of them. She had never, not even once felt any hostility from the siblings, but nonetheless it still mattered to her what they thought about her.

"You don't have to feel embarrassed, Farrah," Victoria said soothingly. "I know we royals are supposed to maintain a stiff upper lip; I think our generation is really all out to break the mold," she said as she bumped shoulders with Farrah.

Farrah exhaled deeply and smiled at the baby that was falling asleep in her arms. "She is really a beautiful baby, Victoria," Farrah said smiling, trying to shift the focus off of her and Richard.

"Call me Vicks, or Vicky. I find Victoria too stifling," she said.

"But that's -,"

"It's a nickname that only close friends and family use. I just...have this gut feeling that you'll be family...not now perhaps, but someday..." Victoria said studying Farrah with a smile.

Shaking her head, "No...no...I think you got the wrong idea...Richard and I...we're not...we're not together," she stumbled over her words, feeling her skin heat up as a flush swept over her face.

Victoria pulled out her phone and a few taps later, pulled up the photo that she took of Richard, Farrah, and a sleepy Beatrice. "It's all over your faces, what you think of each other. How much affection you have for one another. And you know what they say, a picture speaks a thousand words," she said gently as Farrah's eyes was glued to the phone.

They were looking at each other with smiles on their faces while Richard's hand rested on Beatrice's head. For a quick second, it looked like it could possibly be their family portrait. That they could have this future. Farrah's heart skipped a beat as she looked at what could be.

***

Some sweet little fluff for my wonderful readers. 

It's a double update guyssss!

And what ddo you think? Will Farrah still leave for the hosting gig or will she stay?

Thanks for reading, for the comments, and votes my lovelies!

xx