Chapter 20

Okay. So maybe I was being a little over dramatic in leaving the cabin. But what else was I supposed to do?

I almost felt bad. All he was trying to do was apologize. But he made it seem like all I've ever done was chase after him. He's doing that to me!!

I never wanted to be with him. He was the one always bugging me. Him and his friends

"You know. My friends actually kinda like you. Even though tommy has a weird way of showing it."

"Oh my gawd!!" I yelled, jumping in the air and over to the side.

I thought I'd look to see Parker having an amused look on him for just scaring me. But no. He looked almost sad. But maybe not. It was incredibly hard to figure out.
"Parker. Why are you here?"

"Did you really think that after what happened, I'd just let you walk all the way home. By yourself?" Once again, no amusement. This time I saw a hint of anger in his eyes
"Fuck that. I'm coming with you."

"Whatever." I huffed under breathe.

We walked in the silence for a long time. Just walking along the streets. I was happy that the cabin wasn't too far from my house, it was just very well hidden.

We were at the corner that had many directions leading from it. But it was also the corner that divides my direction from Parker's.

"Listen at-"

"Please don't. Just stop Parker." I sighed looking down.

"Stop what?" I didn't need to look at him to know that he had on a hurt expression

"This. Whatever game your playing. Whatever move you are trying to make. Face it, your crowd, doesn't mix with mine. What are you even doing?" I asked him. My face met his from a few feet away. And he couldn't even make eye contact. What a D-bag
"Yeah. That's what I thought."

I chuckled a bit and left Parker. I actually left the bad boy/ popular football star, wondering to himself at some stupid corner at the latest hour.  Damn, would you look at me, I'm killing it!

Heading home. I couldn't help but think about everything I've already been through. All because of this stupid school, and those stupid football players.
Most importantly, that stupid football player.

~~~~~~~~~

"Are you serious?! He did that for you!"

"What do you mean for me?"
Angie of course is freaking out about Parker. She thinks that we are meant to be together, even though she's the one who told me that he was bad news and not worth anything.

"As in, he protected you during that entire fight! Well, mostly. And even afterwards. He could have taken you home, or dropped you off at some hospital. BUT NO!! He took you in himself!!" She squealed

"What? I'm I some lost puppy or something. He did not take me in. And even if he did. I don't care. I told you how he was once I left the corner. He couldn't say a word."

"Well maybe he's just confused. It's not every day the bad boy football star falls in love."

"He is not in love."
How ridiculous is she. Can't even believe it.

Parker Hayze:

"Yoooo!!! He's whipped!"

All of the boys in the locker room were waving their towels around and cheering

"Ayyy!!! Who's this one? She's gotta he pretty damn good. What props does she use?" Another guy shouted..

Self absorbed pricks.
"Enough. I haven't had sex with her. I've never even kissed her." I said.

Another set of "Oohhhs" erupted from each row of lockers. Even from the showers.
"Shut up guys" I said, whipping my towel to one of the guys by my side as he laughed and dodged the pain.

"Bro, What are you going to do then?"
Even though girls don't exactly notice. The locker room for boys is like the bathroom for girls. This is where we do our thinking. And our talking. Everything goes down in the lockers.

"I don't know." I admitted
"She's so difficult! She's stubborn, and refuses to even be near me! Be punched tommy the other day just to get away from us."

"Yeah, and it hurt like a bitch." Tommy added

The boys hollered and laughed all the around
"So you got a feisty one. Well, what's your move Hayze?"
I wondered up, what should I do next?
Looking around, I couldn't find Jamey anywhere... where was he, I needed him right now.

"Hey Parker, why don't we help you?"
I looked up at all of the boys while they were wiggling their eyebrows.

"Yeah. Isn't this Friday the homecoming game?"
Well it couldn't hurt right?

"Well. What do you boys have in mind?"
I smiled as they all cheered. I hadn't realized until yesterday that I actually cared for her. I knew she was different from the rest of the world from the moment I laid my eyes on her.

The moment she bumped into me on the first day of school. She's like nothing I've ever seen before. And she's actually the only girl who doesn't fall to my feet. And the only one who will talk back, and actually hurt me. Physically that is... and probably mentally too.

I don't know how I feel exactly. All I know is that I want her. And the bad boy always gets what he wants right?

Athena Jacks:

The entire week went by so fast. And it was so strange. Today was Friday, and It was actually good. There were no distractions of jocks or football players. (They all seemed to be avoiding me, in which I had no questions to it)

No bitchy cheerleaders getting in my way (although they did give me dirty looks whenever they saw me.) And, Ryder has been at his "work" everyday, getting home super late. So my face looks way better than it did on Sunday, and he didn't see me at all to question what happened.

This week had been fun. No one dragged me to some stupid party. Or game. I was able to finish all of my school work and managed to get an A on every assignment. I felt amazing, accomplished. On top of the world.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>