Chapter 29

"I don't know why he would even be so affected by it ya know?!" I said, shoving another spoonful of chocolate lovers ice cream into my mouth, muffling my words.

I went straight home after today. I didn't really want to deal with anyone at school. Especially since Jamey probably knew about what Parker did by now. It was practically all over social media. How the hell does that even happen, I never talked to anyone except Angie about the things that were going on. But that doesn't mean that Parker didn't let some stupid people know. Or maybe it was that girl.Gosh how much I hated him right about now.

"Do you want me to kick his ass for you? You know I will. I'll be back in the morning." Ryder suggested. Yes, he was the first person I actually went too. Even though he hates when I hang out with any boy who isn't him. He still is there for me when I need him, whether it's because of a boy or even if it's girl problems. He's always been the one to man up and help me with anything.

"No. I just, I don't know. Why the hell would he even get so hurt? Who cares if I went on a date-"

"I do." He pointed out

"Shut up. And who cares if it was his best friend. I honestly don't even know why he asked me to the dance. But right after Angie told him that I friend zoned Jamey. He softened, like he was sorry or something." I said, cuddling up in my oversized hoodie and fuzzy socks with black leggings.

"Athie. I know you will deny it as soon as it comes out of my mouth. But have you gotten to the fact that maybe Parker likes you?"

Of course I'm going to deny that. How idiotic of him to say

"Why would he like me? You know how I am. Especially since I'm new! If he likes me it is only because I am new. What else could he possibly want?"

Ryder sat up straight as the doorbell rang. He looked back and forth from me and the stair case.
"Give him a chance." He said. Then walked down the stairs to get the door.

A chance for what?
To totally be pissed off and make out with some girl?
I shouldn't be getting mad about this.
And Out of all the people who would want me to give Parker a chance, who would have thought that it would be Ryder.
My way to over protective big brother..

I stood up out of bed and walked over to my mini book collection and pulled out on of my favorites, walking back to my bed and curling myself up with the ice cream.
I flipped to where my bookmark lied as I continued reading from where I left off.
Then there was a slight knock at my door.

Lifting my head up, I wasn't expecting Parker to be standing in the doorway with his head hanging low but still looking at me, yet here he was.

Many thoughts ran through my head.

Why is he here?
Why did Ryder let him in?
How did he know where my room was?
Did he somehow tie up Ryder and break in?

But one thing I knew for sure, was that he was the last person I wanted to see right now. I didn't even say a word to him. I simply placed  my ice cream and book down on my bedside table and turned over. Facing the opposite side of where Parker was

"Athie, come on.." He said, fully walking into my bedroom as his footsteps got closer.

I still didn't budge. I curled myself up even more and buried my face into my furry blanket. It was pretty much the softest most comfy blanket you could ever use. I've had it for as long as I can remember. This blanket and I have been through a lot together.

"She wasn't even a good kisser. She was very sloppy, and tasted like smoke."

Oh god I think I'm gonna throw up..
Out of all the things that he could say to me at the moment, that definitely wasn't one of them. I'm pretty sure you want to avoid saying something like that to a girl who's pissed off at you.
Even though she has no right to be.
Remember that he's not yours athie...

"Hey. You can talk to me now." He stated as I could sense him walking closer to me. But still, I didn't budge. I honestly didn't want to see him. But I did at the same time..

In a instant, I felt heat on my waist. I wasn't really sure what it was until it tightened around me. Making me realize that his hand was holding me, by my waist. His touch sent a rush of burning fire through my entire body, through every single nerve. It was so warm, almost to the point where I want to jump into and iced pool.

He tugged at my waist and pulled me over so I was laying on my back, but I brought the pillow with me and continued to cover my face with it. By now I wasn't really sure if I was covering myself so I wouldn't see him. Or covering myself so he wouldn't see me.

"Take the pillow off. Or I'll take it from you." He threatened in a deep playful voice. He sounded like he was about to start laughing. Why the hell would he be laughing in this moment?

I didn't listen to his threat. But I should have. Because it only took him a few seconds to take it from me without any force. Like I wasn't even trying to keep it secure, even though I was trying my hardest to keep it against my face.

Just as quickly as he snatched the pillow, I rushed my hands to my face and covered my eyes. I heard him slightly chuckle to himself. Then I felt the heat again. The one that surges through my entire body and makes me feel like a firework that just exploded. This time his hands were at my wrist, and I was a little more secure.
When he pulled against my wrists my body simply was pulled up with them. Keeping them taped to my face.

Now I was sitting straight up, rather close to Parker. And how did I know this? Because I could practically feel is breathe. Or maybe my senses were all heightened to a million and he was really sitting a few more inches away.

I was trying my best to keep my hands up. But just like the pillow, he took them off. But it wasn't fast. This time he took it slow. His hands were placed softly against my wrists. And I had just realized how huge his hands were against me, my wrists seemed tiny in his hands. He gently pulled them down as they followed. Leaving my face. The cold air quickly brushed against my cheeks, then it was warm, and I could sense how close he really was.

My eyes weren't open at all, but as my hands rested in his, I felt his body squirm a little. Then the next thing I knew, his forehead was being pressed up against mine.
He didn't waste anytime in grabbing my hands and locking our together. Every part of my body was sparking right now to where I'm pretty sure I was radiating heat.

Slowly, I flickered my eyes open. I wasn't sure if it was the situation I was in, or my eyes adjusting, but the entire room seemed dimmer. But all I could really focus on was Parker's eyes.
Looking straight at me.
Then his lips, only a dime away from mine...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>