Chapter 32

"What do you mean I'm 'her'?"

His hair was the same, raven slicked back hair. Dark clothing. But the only thing that was different was this time he had a scar on his left eye.
Did Parker do that?

"You, are the woman who was with Parker that night. And you are the one everyone's talking about."
He steps closer
I step back.

What did he mean by everyone? Was he talking about the school? Or something else. . .

"I don't know what you are talking about. But-.. but I suggest you leave before Parker sees you. You don't want another scar do you?"
He takes a few steps forward
And I take a few steps back

"Oh I'm not worried about him love."
I cringe at the name he calls me. The same one as last time

"Well you should be."
I don't know what else to do. Make a run for it and hope that I get to the school before this man gets to me.
Talk my way out of it?
Fight him?

All of these options would have been better than just standing there.
Why did I ever walk away from the school?!

I heard the crunching of leaves on the floor behind me. I already knew it was Fernando's goons.
They were getting closer by the second, I was turning my body around, trying to keep an eye on all of them. But this time there were more.
One got close enough for me to punch him. But, as soon as I did, the heard of gang men lunged for me.

And everything went dark.

Parker Hayze:

I haven't seen Athie anywhere. At all. I thought maybe she would be waiting by the car, or by the lockers for me. But she hasn't been anywhere.

I'm already late to practice, but I can't help but look around for her. Thinking that there is no possible way she would have just left.

I start looking through the school. Then in the front of the school. Then out to the woods.
She's not here.

Maybe she did leave. Which is fine.

Just as I'm about to start walking away and back to practice, I see something stuck to one of the trees.
As I start walking closer, the image gets clearer.
It's a note, pinned to the trunk of a tree with a knife.

But this note was different. Different enough to tell me exactly who left it.
The paper was all wrinkled like they had previously crumbled it into a ball and stretched it out again.
But dead in the middle of the piece of paper was a handprint painted on with blood.

Their signature.

The Hellhounds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ryder!!"
My fist bangs against the wooden door of Athies house. Yes, I am at her house. Yelling for her brother. Only for one thing, her.

He doesn't answer, which means that he's either gone with the gang, or well. Gone. Aw well.

In a matter of seconds I bring my knee up and land my foot solidly onto the door right next to it's lock. The door slammed open as little wood pieces flew into my face and on the floor.
The house seemed empty but the sound of the door echoed through the house as I stomped inside.