Chapter 37

Well. Friday went by faster than I had hoped. I hoped that it would at least be a little longer before Saturday.
I was hoping that the teachers would drag along every class and make me bored out of my mind. Just so that I wouldn't have to face the reality of the fact that the ball was tomorrow.

A normal girl would just say no. She'd forget about a regular guy, and go off.
Sorry, not a normal girl.
A bitch.
And I am no bitch. So there was no way I was going to bail. That would be so mean. And although Parker and I aren't on the best terms, you could say, I still didn't want to be rude. It was my brother I wanted to be rude too.

Now, before you start thinking.
"Omg. She's still mad at her brother? Ugh."
Yes, I'm still mad, you judgey bitches. Because I saw my brother kill about 5 men, and I found out that he's part of a gang. Who kills people.
It's like, their job to kill people.
I'm not even sure if that was their job.
What the hell do they actually do?!

Whatever, I don't care anymore. Okay, that's a lie. I do still care. Always have, and always will.

"Are you ready to start getting ready?" Angie was more excited about anything than I could ever be. I could never understand how utterly happy she always is.

"Y-Yeah.." I lied. I really wasn't.

"Okay. But we have to go somewhere first." Angie didn't even give me time to ask where, or to ask anything. She just picked up her purse and got in the car. I didn't have any other instinct but to follow her.

The car ride was silent with speaking. She was nervous, I could tell. Every time I looked up at her, she turned the radio up. Something was going on..

And I knew it, right as we pulled up to my house.
"Angie. Why are we here." I didn't question it, I ordered it.

"Your brother called me, he's worried, and he's sorry. I don't know what happened, but he's extremely sorry. And we can't get ready until you walk in that house. Because all of your stuff is waiting for us in your room..."

"You've got to be kidding me.." I sighed letting my head fall.

"I'm sorry... but he really wants to be with you.."
I couldn't blame her. She probably thinks it's a stupid sibling fight. But she doesn't know. She doesn't know that he's a gang leader and has killed people.

"Fine." Was all I said. I could hear her quietly cheering herself on. But I couldn't even laugh right now.
I stocked myself into the house and there he was, standing against the kitchen counter with a mug full of coffee in his hands.

He looked up from his mug and stared at me. We both didn't say anything. I knew he wanted too. Sorry was written all over him. He looked like shit. Good.

"You actually came back." He said. His voice was low, almost on another level of sadness. A level that almost made me feel sorry too. Almost.

"I didn't come back for you. I came back because I need to get ready for a ball. If you'll excuse me."
My head was lifted high as I walked bast him and moved up the stairs to my room. I could hear Angie quietly following me.
I knew she didn't want to be in the middle of this. Which is why I wondered why she was trying to help me with my brother.
It just makes everything harder

"Athie..."

"Please, don't.." I asked calmly. She didn't speak anymore words, she simply walked over to me and gave me a hug. I don't know what it is about her, but I swear every time I'm with her she makes me feel a million times better. She truly is the definition of a best friend.

Or a sister...

"Alright. Let's get you all dolled up." She wipes her eyes from tears. I hadn't even realized she was crying.