Chapter 30

Feeling his warmth next to me gave me a high like no other. I wanted him. But there's no way I could ever have him.
Life doesn't work like that.

"Why can't I stop thinking about you?" He whispers to me. Sending his warm breath my way.

He thinks about me? He can't stop thinking about me?

I looked up at him again. Forehead to forehead. Hand in hand. And eyes latched on.
In a book, this would be the part where their first kiss happens.
And they'd be right.

"Fuck" Parker mumbled, then leaned forward. Closing the remaining space between us and fully taking me over. One hand moved towards my lower back and pushed me closer to him. But in all honestly, being any closer seemed impossible.

His lips were so sweet. So plump and soft. They welcomed me and I fully was captivated by them.
But I could tell he was being sweet. Caressing me gently and kissing me with lust and passion, not harshly that would normally lead to sex.

It took only seconds but it felt like decades. Decades that I never wanted to stop.
We both pulled alway slowly, going back to before and resting our foreheads on each other. But this time we were both at a loss for words
And a loss for breathe.

I didn't exactly know what I was feeling right now, but whatever it was. It was amazing. The most amazing and perfect feeling I have ever felt before. But did he feel the same way? Maybe he didn't feel anything. Maybe he just feels sorry for me??

"I don't know about you." He said with deep wallows of air
"But that kiss was the best one I've ever had."

His words shot a feeling up my stomach no words can begin to explain. A wide smile found its way onto my face and stayed there. I could feel little tingles flaring up my cheeks as I was still looking down. And I simply nodded. Letting him know that I totally agree.

"Athie. Would you do me the honor, of going on a date with me?" He asked me, taking his head away from mine and looking at me in the eyes, his fingers rubbing the back of my hand. it was more meaningful then when he asked me before. Almost like he needed this. Did he think I said yes before... just to say yes?

But was this real? Was any of this real? Wasn't he the one who said that he doesn't care if anything ever happened to me? He's the one who pulled the prank on me, and let his friend harass me. This can't at all be real. But how could I ever say no?

"Yes" I whispered back to him. A smile just like mine appeared on his face as he showed his perfectly white and straight teeth. Mine were straight and everything but his just seemed to be absolutely perfect. He should be a teeth model. Or on commercials for using a certain brand of toothpaste. I mean really he could be on any kind of commercial. Sports commercial, clothing.
Underwear commercial
Imagine the ratings if that were to happen.

"Alright Hayze. Break it up. It's time for you to go, it's getting pretty late."
Ryder was leaning up against my doorframe as he crossed his arms and had an unimpressive look plastered on his face. I probably had the exact opposite.

Parker nodded at Ryder respectfully and looked back at me, pressing himself off of his knees and standing up as I still sat on my bed sitting criss-cross-apple sauce.

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" He asked. I simply nodded at him, afraid to say any words in case an unexpected squeal erupts.
He flashes me a million dollar smile and heads out the door. And Ryder follows.

At this point I don't even care if Ryder is threatening Parker. All I know, was that I was just kissed by the hottest man on the planet. And the same man just asked me out.
I'm on top of the world.

Parker Hayze;

No amount of words can describe the explosion that was bursting inside of me. Kissing her was eye opening. No other girl I had kissed before felt this good, felt this special.

I knew she was different. I have since the moment I first saw her. And knowing that it would probably scare her away, I didn't use tongue. But god I wanted too.
Still, no.
With her it doesn't seem right. I want to move slow with athie. I want to be able to enjoy every single moment and trouble life throws our way. And when the time comes for us to get more intense, they will.
And you bet your ass I'll be right there with her when they do.

"You need to watch yourself." Riders words caught me off guard and knocked me out of my mind.

Ryder was a pretty big guy, no doubt about that. And frankly, I knew who he was. I was just praying there was no relation in their last names...
"I know you know who I am." Ryder speaks.

"Yes, I do." I reply back. We are both standing on the front porch with the light off, probably so that Athie won't be able to spot anything.

"Then you know that you need to watch yourself. You, and your brother-"

"I don't have anything to do with my brother." I snap
"I never did. I don't want any part of his, or your, business."

"Well you are smart, but not smart enough to lie. I know about you. Don't try to save yourself now. That lie might work on my sister, but you should know better than to try it with me. knowing the relations. Be careful. I don't think I need to tell you that, under no circumstances, is Athie to be involved with any of this."

Does he think I'm an idiot? Does he really think I'd involve her in the gangs?
"That's never going to happen. She'll never know. And she will never get hurt. I promise you." I tell Ryder.

"I hope you are true to your word. Because by now, I think you know the things the gang is capable of. And if you mess with her in any way. I'm not just coming for your brother. I'm coming for you."

And with that, he shuts the door.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>