Chapter 36

"Athie. What are you doing?" He asked the closer he walked to me. I walked towards him too, but he seemed to be moving a hell of a lot faster.

"I- am going to the mall." I said. I get my face make a weird look as I registered how weird that sounded.

"Yeah. We are gonna go pickup her dress for the ball!" Angie was clapping and quietly cheering herself.

Parker's face shifted from Angie to me. He looked confused. You know, the usual eyebrows down, lips slightly in a line and his head just a little tilted to the side while looking down at me.

"The ball?... y-your still going... with me?." He asked in almost a whisper.

"Of course she's still going. Why wouldn't she?" Angie was happy as ever, just loving the fact that Parker and I were going together

I looked at Parker. Silently letting him know that I hadn't told Angie anything.
And silently telling him to play along.

"Right, yeah no. Athie, of course she's going with me still. Who'd say no to me?" he smirked. He actually smirked.
"Right. So, you two, go and get your dress. And yeah."
How can you mentally thank, and strangle someone at the same time??

"Awesome. Athie, I'll meet you outside." She winked at me then started walking out towards the parking lot...
leaving me alone with Parker.

"I didn't think you were still gonna go. I even forgot about it." He mumbled.

"Glad to know you already forgot." I said, turning away and walking down the same direction as Angie

A hand gripped my forearm before I could even take a few steps. Turning my around in a flash, I was face to face with Parker, then he pulled me closer.
"Don't. I-... can't, forget about you." His voice was deep, and slow.
His face was inches from mine, and his hand was trailing up and down my arm gently. I closed my eyes. I couldn't bare to look up at his. I didn't want to look at his.

"I need to go."
I walked away. Walking all the way down, and out of the school.
Because apparently, no one stops you from doing that.

"Hey. Are you two good?" Angie asked as I knelt down into the car and buckled my seat belt.

"Yeah. We are. And umm. Yeah. Let's get to shopping." I smiled, rolling my window down and turning up the volume to the radio

"Let's do this shit!" Angie shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mall was three stories. THREE!
And it felt like there were more and more stores on each level. We still hadn't gotten a dress.
Angie, or her father I should say, has gotten me about a dozen new skirts and overall dresses. New boots and shoes, Socks, shirts, jackets, jeans, and tons of new makeup. I can't even tell you the amount of money we spent on Victoria secret ALONE. Those matching bras and underwear were just screaming my name.

"Okay. Now, I just called the store, and they told me that your dress is ready."

"My dress is ready???"
What does she mean that it was ready?!

"Oh, well my mom has a person who works in one of the dress shops, and I got him to help me figure out which dress was absolutely perfect for you!"

"Y-you... bought me a dress?..." my voice was low, frail, sounding as if on the brake of tears.

"Oh no. You're mad, aren't you? Oh gosh. I knew that I shouldn't have. I'm sorry, I wayyy overstepped."

"No no no." I stopped her
"I love it. Thank you!" My arms threw over her in the middle of the walkway in the mall. And she wrapped her arms around me.

"Alright. Let's Uhh... let's go. Before you make me start crying."
Little did Angie know, that I was about to start crying too. But I'm sure, for different reasons than she believes...

As we walked down the mall, there was a huge dress store that was coming up.
And when I say it was huge, I mean it was HUGE!
The entire store was white, there were wedding dresses on one side, and prom with other occasion dresses on the other side. It was all very organized and neat. There were lights all on the ceiling of the store, dripping down like rain drops that paused in mid air.

"Angie!" A middle aged French man yelled. He walked out and was dressed in some very fancy clothes. I was very surprised that out of all of the places in the world. He lived in California.
"Bienvenue Chéri!" He quickly hugged her and gave her a quick kiss on the each cheek quickly.
"Comment avez-vous été?"

"Bien! Comment vas-tu?" Angie replied back to him.
Were they speaking French?

"Très bon! Are you both here for the dress?" He said in a very thick accent.

"Yes, we are. Athena, this is Lou. Lou, this is Athena. She needs to try it on right away. She hasn't even seen it!"
They both fangirled for a moment, then
Lou gently grabbed my arm and through me into a room.

It was pretty grand for a dressing room I might add. It was practically the size of a normal room.
There was a long solid white dress bag that was hung up right beside the body sized ring mirror light.
I was afraid to open it. What if I didn't like it? What would happen?

Slowly, I unzipped the bag top to bottom. And my eyes went wide. They expanded enough to fill up this entire room. It was beautiful. The dress was a defined even between rose gold and gold. It was long, and there was a long slit that practically went to the hip. There was a glitter fabric underneath a beautiful sheer fabric.

The top was solid and it was a one shoulder strap. This glittery beautiful gown. Was all for me...

I quickly slipped it on. I didn't want to wait anymore. And the fit was perfect. The waist hugged me just right, tight, but not too tight. And the top, well I definitely don't have no boobs. I've always had, big boobs I guess you could say. But I've always been insecure about them. I always thought they made me look busty.

I've always thought I was overweight and was, bigger. Even though everyone has always told me otherwise. It's also why Ryder always tried to get me to eat. I guess after the.. accident. I developed a disorder. Anorexia.
No one knows about it. Only Ryder. I'm actually a size 4. But that's still too big. In my opinion, I'm busty. But me personally, I envy every single other girl.

No matter the size, or height. They are beautiful, and the way they act. Every girl always seems so sure of themselves.
And I never am.

But you can't tell right now. Right now. I feel confident.
Looking at myself in the mirror, I can see myself just a little bit. For the first time in a while.
For the first time since the accident.

I stepped out of the dressing room and onto the small stage that stood in front of dozens of mirrors.
Lou and Angie were still there. But I couldn't hear anything from them. I could see them, but they weren't moving. Almost like a frozen screen.

"Oh. My. God." Angie said, her mouth was dropped down to the floor. So was Lou's, but he wasn't talking at all.
I took this time to get another look at myself. It was nice. I liked it. Really liked it.

"This... is definitely the dress."
That was all Lou could say in his thick accent.

And all I could do was agree.
"Yes... yes it is."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>