Chapter 40

Parker's POV;

"What the fuck are you doing here Damon?"
Damon never returned home with anything good. He was always away making the world a worse place. Selling weapons, drugs. He had one of the biggest corporations in the state. Don't even ask me how he hasn't been arrested yet. I have no clue.

"I came to see you brother. You've been ignoring me... and I can see why." He looked off to watch Athena walking away.
This son of a bitch.

"Leave her out of this. She's unimportant." I stated clearly with no fear. I'm aware of the skills he has. The things he will do. My brother has no remorse. He simply takes what he wants. Doesn't matter who gets hurt. He won't care.

"It seems as though she is brother. I mean, why else would you be slacking on business?" He stood still. Calm. No anger in his expression. His expression looked blank. Like a grey area. You never knew what he was thinking.

"She's just some fun to have. Nothing important. Football Damon, you know how I am." I smiled, trying to lighten up the mood between brothers. Any sign of weakness from me, Athena would be dead by morning. He is the most feared crime lord around these parts. And many others. And I understand why. Even as his little brother, it's as if blood isn't even a reality to him. He wouldn't see me as a brother, just another stupid worker.

"Ahh yes. The sport you like to fool around with. I see. Well, I will head home then. I expect to see you bright and early tomorrow. We've got business to take care of."
He didn't say another word. He simply walked off.
Home?
He's going the to house?
My house?
He hasn't been there in years. He never stays long, which forces me to think why. Why now. Because I know for a fact this isn't just about me. Something is going down.
something big.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Athena's POV;

I just went home. I didn't wait for him, or throw myself in his arms. I just left.
I felt satisfied with myself.

But when I walked up into my room, he was there. Waiting for me.
He was standing by my bed, while his fingers traced over all over the seashells and books I had lying around.
He seemed calm, despite how he acted before. His shoulders weren't tense, he seems... relaxed.
I don't know how. Whether it was his actions or just his presence. I couldn't be upset. Believe me when I say that I tried. But i actually couldn't, it was just so hard for me to be upset.
I felt calm with him.

"How did you get in here?" I asked, stepping into my bedroom and slowly closing the door. Ryder was sleeping which led me to assume that he isn't aware of our current guest.

"Your window. You forgot to lock it before you left." He wasn't looking in my eyes. Hell, he wasn't even looking in my direction. He was just walking around my room. Looking at the pictures I had around my room.
There was one wall I had designated for pictures and pictures only. He was studying it.
And it was only a matter of time before he saw.

When his head snapped in my direction, his eyes were big, bulged out. He didn't look relaxed anymore, more confused and rattled.
"Who are these people?" He asked, taking a picture off my wall from the middle of it all.

I knew exactly what he was talking about, I didn't even have to see him to know which photo he had grabbed.
It was always my favorite photo.

It was of me, mom, dad, Ryder, and Abigail. Otherwise known as Abby, or Abs to me.
My twin sister.
"That's my family." I simply replied. I could tell he was still confused.
I turned to look at him and immediately looked at the photo.