Chapter Four

When I get back from my hunt and sneak back into my room I hear Edward and Bella's voice downstairs. I frown and walk down to see Edward looking at his mate with concern.

"Edward?" I called as I made my way over to the pair. They both turned to me, Bella surprised by my sudden appearance.

"Violet, someone's been here. Do you smell it?" He asks me seriously. I take a moment to find any scent that was different and I do.

"Yes, someone has. Let's get Bella to your house, she'll be safer." I told him, he nodded and grabbed Bella on the way out with me trailing behind them. We hop into his car and he races off to their house.

We walk in and gather everyone into the living room. I between Rose and Jasper, my hands holding both of theirs.

"What is it Edward? Violet?" Esme asked with worry.

"Someone, a vampire, has been in their house." Edward answered lowly. Esme looked alarmed at the information while Carlisle looked concerned.

"Who is it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked his son.

"A stranger. I couldn't recognise his scent." He spoke. Carlisle looked to me and I shook my head to show I didn't know either.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme asked with worry for her soon to be daughter in law.

"A passer wouldn't have left their father alive." Rose pointed out with a frown. I squeezed her hand and gave her a smile which she returned.

"The scent disappears about five miles south of our house." Edward told Carlisle as he was deep in thought.

"Someones orchestrating this." Carlisle nodded to himself as if agreeing with what he said.

"Victoria?" Bella suggested.

"I would have been seen her decide." Alice shook her head.

"So would I. I didn't see anything." I backed Alice.

"It has to be the Volturi." Jasper spoke from his spot next to me.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions too." Alice said.

"So we keep looking."

"We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house. Violet will stay with her around the clock." Carlisle decided. I nodded and stood up letting Jasper's and Rose's hands go.

"Another protection detail." Rose asked making me glare at her slightly.

"No, she's right. You can't protect me, watch dad and search for the intruder." Bella argued.

"And for Victoria." Rose added.

"And keep yourselves fed."

Edward walked over to his mate with a look of worry, "I'm not leaving you defenseless." He told her.

"I'm still going to be there." I pointed out.

"I'm not gonna let you starve. And I wouldn't need protection. I have Violet and..." Bella stopped herself.

"What?" Edward asked.

•••

The next day I stayed with my mate's. Edward was off with Bella and I knew he was arguing with Jake right now. Bella seemed to really trust Jake which I liked, he was a good kid even if he just really liked Bella he'd do anything to protect her. I was really thankful for that because I knew he would look after her when I wasn't there.

I sat in the living room and watched the tv as Emmett and Jasper played one of his video games. Jasper and him were competing against each other on a game called Mario cart or something along those lines. I played with Rose's hair as she lay her head in my lap while Alice was leaning on me with her head on my shoulder. It was quite hard having four mates at a time but I loved them all equally anyway. They were my everything right now, I waited so long for them and I finally have them. Even though we fight and argue we love each other no matter what and that's all I really wanted.

"Ah dude. How did you get in front?" Emmett asked Jasper as a different car passed his. I smiled with amusement as I watched with mild interest.

"Cause this is my game." Jasper answered cockily, a smirk plastered onto his face. I chuckled and pushed the back of his head making him glare at me.

"Yes! Back in first." Emmett exclaimed making Jasper quickly turn back. Rose, Alice and I laughed and watched Emmett win the game while Jasper came second.

"Thats not fair. Violet distracted me." He whined, waving his hands around to somehow get his point across clearer.

"Nah mate. I won, you lost. You shouldn't have looked at Violet cause her beauty will distract you." Emmett told him with a smirk. I awed at him and lent over to kiss his cheek.

"You're to sweet." I said, he grinned and turned back to the tv where they started a new game.

"Do you guys even know what's going on?" Alice asked looking at us. Rose and I both shook our dad.

"Nope." We said at the same time and went back tp watching them play. It was quite entertaining when you got into it, I could see why they would get so competitive.

I loved this, all of my mate's together. Getting along, sometimes, and having fun. This was what I actually liked about having a relationship, being able to be together and like it. I should really spend more time with them. I'm spending all my time with the wolves and Bella and I now see that it's not fair to them. I also need to be with Esme, maybe work in the garden with her. Make food for Bella with her. Just things that we would do back when I stayed with her and Carlisle, the good old days.

A/N: Hey guys, I hope this chapter was alright. Also, do you guys have any ideas or input on this story? Do you want to see anything happen in this story? Please comment if you do and don't forget to vote. Love you guys so much💙