Chapter Fourteen

Edward and I ran towards the destination of where we were going to hide Bella, which was stupidly on top of a snowy mountain, wasn't my idea of course.

Jake was carrying Bella and I could smell him from here, something I had gotten used to but still hate. I find it funny how much Edward is brooding about all of this when it was his idea, he could have gotten someone else to do it, but no.

Eddie shot me a glare before speeding past me through the trees, making my hair fly into my face aggressively. I snorted, amused at his childish behavior.

You're dead Cullen. I thought to him mischievously with a smirk as I started to catch up to him. The vampire looked over his shoulder, matching my smirk.

You're gonna have to catch me first. That cheeky bastered. I rolled my eyes as I was left in the dust once again and in turn began to suddenly enjoy the nature after losing at my own game.

We had made it to the tent that was set up and waited for Jake and Bella.

"Feeling bad for yourself?" Edward asked much to my annoyance. I glared at him this time which was unusual because it was usually the other way around, he is the much too serious one after all. "Can you stop insulting me in your head?" He sighed.

I scoffed and looked away towards the beautiful view before us, "I have no idea what you're talking about. I am simply thinking the facts." I stated with a smile.

We didn't have to wait for long because the next thing we knew, Bella was running over to us, giving Edward a hug. The love they felt for each other was showing, and it was disgusting to watch, I had to say. Jake and I shared a look of being sick but quickly stopped when they looked to us.

"Jacob, you should get back before the storm hits." Bella told him worriedly much to Edwards distaste, I could just feel it radiating off of him.

Jake shakes his head, giving Edward a dirty look, "no, I'm staying. You'll need my connection to the pack to keep tabs on what's going on." He said. I was about to speak up about me having the same connection but Jake quickly stomped on my foot to shut me off. I scoffed and crossed my arms childishly, what a dog.

"You're not gonna fight?" Bella asked, looking confused like usual.

"Seth and Nate will spell us in the morning. They're not happy about missing the action, but it'll keep them out of trouble." Jake told her. Nate definitely wasn't happy about being the messenger but he had to follow his new alpha and me so he couldn't argue much. I'm just glad both the boy's will be out of harm's way and are now friends.

Bella and Edward frowned, "wait, Nathan? He's a werewolf too?" She asked, both surprised and confused by the new found information.

I grinned awkwardly, completely forgetting I had two separate families that had no idea on what was going on in the other, "surprise."

Bella suddenly punched me in the arm softly, learning her lesson from punching a werewolf, "how could you not tell me my nephew was a puppy this whole time." She gasped dramatically.

I pretended to feel hurt and rubbed my arm, "I just found out the other day, ok? It was slightly traumatizing." I said truthfully, I still don't quite get what had happened.