Chapter Twenty One

Rosalie, Emmett and I wandered aimlessly through the woods, not a care in the world as we laughed and joked with one another.

I grinned, listening to Rosalie's melodious laugh, I could listen to it all day. We both squealed when Emmett came up behind us and lifted both of us onto his shoulders. Rosalie and I held onto each other and the man that was now carrying us.

"Emmett put us down." The blonde goddess giggled, it being very contagious.

Emmett grinned as he usually would when he was being his goofy self, "look what I found, two beautiful ladies out here in the woods." He joked which made me laugh.

"Yes, you've found us, good sir. We've been lost for days." I played a long happily. This was the first time in a long time I could actually relax and it felt so good. Being with two quarters of my mates and just having fun like normals couples, with the exception of us being a couple consisting of three.

"Well, I know a way you could show your gratitude." The man raised his eyebrows to us.

Rosalie shook her head with amusement, "in your dreams, lover boy."

Emmett sighed dramatically, "if only I could."

And with he put us down, me almost falling over in the process. I simply laughed myself off for my clumsiness.

It was all fun and games. . . Until we heard the demonic whispers I had forgotten about, coming from behind the trees. After all this time I thought it might have gone away, or it was in my head, one of the two.

I stood in front of Rosalie while Emmett stood in front of me, both of us being protective.

"What is that?" Rosalie breathed out quietly.

I shook my head, not having an answer.

There was no whimpers like last time, but it sounded like there was more then one person now. Voices reciting something in another language.

Emmett moved forward, pushing away the branches that were blocking whatever was on the other side from view. I was thinking the worst, Satan worshipers, a cult that was about to sacrifice something or someone. Another supernatural race that we knew nothing about, I really didn't want that to be the case, I was so emotionally drained.

We stepped through to a small clearing, the smell of smoke now coming to our attention.

I peaked out from behind my mate, seeing two figures crouched a few feet away. They were draped in animal skins with dark hair hiding their faces. Dirt was smeared slightly over their tanned skin. They were huddled around a burning fire, their whispers now no more.

The sun was setting, making me think more that it was a Satanic ritual of some sort, why? Well because of those awful horror movies Emmett and Jasper like to watch.

I mentally rolled my eyes at my own thoughts and tuned in to what was going on in front of me.

Making a decision, I moved forward and out from behind my mate. I watched the two people, who looked more feminine, slowly stand from their crouched position but still staying defensive.

"We come in peace." Emmett spoke up, holding up a peace sign.

Rosalie scoffed, "they're not aliens, you idiot."

"Yeah, and how do you know?" He asked childishly.

I told both of them to shut up, giving Emmett a punch for being his stupid self. Those two will be the death of me someday.

Turning back to the strangers, I spoke calmly, "who are you and what are you doing on our land?" I demanded.

One stepped forward quickly at the sound of my voice causing Emmett to pull me back towards him, "Violet?" The person breathed out. They hastily pulled back their hood which covered their face from view, only their long brown hair being shown. But as they took off the hood I saw the wide, bright blue eyes staring back at me with hope.

I gasped slightly at the sight, "Ariana?" I questioned with shock, not believing my eyes. The second person removed their hood, glaring at the girl, "Amanda? What are you two doing?"

Amanda huffed, "it's a long story." She said, seeming to be very tired.

"I've got time."

💙