Chapter Twenty

The next couple of days were a lot less hectic and more normal, as normal as our lives could get. Victoria soon became apart of the Cullen family, believed to be a new adopted daughter of Carlisle and Esme. Nobody could take their eyes off her.

Rosalie still had trouble accepting her new sister but I knew she would come around, she would have to if we were to live with each other for eternity. The rest of the family were trying, Alice had already taken a liking to the redhead and turned to her when she had no one to talk to about fashion. Emmett gave her a smile here and there but mostly stayed close to his wife. Jasper and Edward were indifferent about it all while Carlisle and Esme enjoyed having a new daughter. I was just happy to have my sister back.

Victoria and I liked to visit the woods, it was both of favorite place after all. I would show her my abilities to form a flower out of nothing or make it snow over head, she looked exactly how she did when she was younger, when she was happier and full of wonder.

"It's beautiful." My vampire sister grinned as I controlled the weather above us, snow now falling around us. We both sat between the trees of the forest, facing each other. She raised her hand, catching snowflakes and looking at their intricate designs. In that moment I really did see the child I once knew.

I matched her smile, "I thought you might like it, you always used to love the snow." I told her, picturing old memories in my mind.

She looked to me, "I don't remember much of my human life." She admitted softly, "I only remember the torture." Victoria sighed with pain from the past coming back to haunt her.

I frowned in concern for my little sister, "torture?" I repeated, questioning her, "was it really that bad?"

"It was." She answered, not meeting my eyes, "the thought always would bring me back to that time, a time of suffering."

I hated to hear her like this, how she would have been so scared and angry towards the world but I knew I had to know what really happened to her. Why was she taken to the woods? How did she escape father? How did she live?

I reached over and put my hand over hers, her eyes now meeting mine, "what happened, Victoria?" I asked in the most sincere way I could as I didn't want her to be uncomfortable.

Victoria sighed knowing she would have to tell me something or I would never be satisfied, though I would never force her into anything.

"The night I disappeared was one I shall never forget, it was was the night I was abandoned, betrayed and almost killed." She began, "I had woken to a hand over my mouth, another grabbing my hair. Our Father was the one who had woken me, he dragged me behind the house and into the woods where he was ready to bury me alive if it wasn't for a strange man that had appeared."

I was not surprised it was our father who had done this but didn't think he would bury his daughter alive, and why only Victoria?

"The man seemed kind, he asked if father was willing to sell me and he thought it was a marvelous idea. Father got what he wanted and left, leaving me with a stranger." Her voice shook as she spoke while held onto her hand tighter, "as you would think he was not the kind man that first came upon us. No, he was horrible. He took me to his house and that's where I lived for a number of years, cleaning, cooking and often being sexually abused." She told me almost nonchalantly as if she didn't really care anymore.

She looked up with venom in her eyes, "I thought about you everyday, Letty. You, Robert and mama." She dry sobbed, "I wanted to come home, I did but . . . Then I turned into this monster I couldn't escape."

"How, Victoria? How did you come to be what you are now?" I asked with a frown of confusion and wonder.

She shook her head, "I don't know, one moment I was being abused by the man who owned me to seeing him lying on the floor in a pool of his own blood. I knew I had to leave and so I did, finding the small town we lived close to completely empty and silent."

I looked down, that was my fault. I had killed the entire town because of my own selfish need for blood. The screams still echoed in my mind, screams of men, woman and children all terrified.

"I'm sorry for what happened. I could have protected you and yet I was going on my own rampage of destruction."

She squeezed my hand as she shook her head, "you didn't know. To you I was dead, just a distant memory. I didn't blame you, not even once." She told me which had venom forming in my own eyes, it burned but I ignored it.

I pulled Victoria close to me as we both needed a moment of comfort. Snow still fell from the small patch of sky above us while we held onto each other for dear life, as if one of us would disappear again and never to be seen.

"I've missed you, my little princess." I whispered into her hair.

She chuckled softly, "I've missed you too, Letty. So much."

💙