Chapter Six

The next night we were at the Cullens. The television was on and we watched the news as it told us about the different attacks from bears or something, I don't know I wasn't really paying too much attention as my mind was caught up in trying to find who was causing this.

"Anything?" Emmett asked as I resurfaced from my visions.

"No, it's too much." Edward spoke for me. I rubbed my temple having a migraine which was very odd for a vampire.

"Are you alright, Violet?" Esme asked concerned with my show of pain.

I smiled, "Yea, I'm fine." I told her. Edward instead gave me a pointed look which made me glare at him.

'Something's wrong.' Edward stated through his mind, he was obviously talking about me but I didn't care all I cared about was everyone else's safety.

'I'm fine, everything's fine.' I thought to him with another glare. He rolled his eyes at me and turned away to the tv. I watched the tv aswell as they kept talking about all the incidents. I felt someone place their hand in mine and squeeze, I look to my right and saw Alice looking at me slightly worried. I smiled and squeezed her hand in return, I was making her worried and I didn't want to, I didn't want her to worry for me because I could take care of myself. I had to protect her not the other way around.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair out of frustration from not knowing what was going on. Bella sat next to Edward watching the tv intensely, she was scared and I could feel it. This wasn't good, she's not supposed to be scared when I'm with he but I guess I can't control everything, can I?

"It's getting worse." Carlisle spoke up looking at the tv, "we're gonna have to do something." He shook his head as if disappointed with his decision but we all knew that was the only way we could stop them was with force, even if we didn't want violence.

"It takes more then one kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. Ad they're undisciplined, conspicuous." Jasper told him from his spot in the doorway, he had his arms folded and looked very stressed but more so then usual.

"It's newborns." Edward announced, we all looked at him with wide eyes while Bella looked very confused in this moment.

"What? Like new vampires?" Bella questioned.

"The first few months after the change." Edward explained to his mate, giving her a concerned gaze.

"Thats when we're at our most uncontrollable. Vicious, insane with thirst." Jasper added staring into empty space, I could just imagine all the things he was remembering but didn't want to find out for myself.

"Something to look forward to." Emmett smiles. Rosalie and I both kick him as he sat by our legs making him turn to us with a playful glare.

"No ones trained these newborns but this isn't random." Jasper told Carlisle, voicing his thoughts.

"Someone's creating an army." Carlisle nodded as he thought.

"Well, now we're definitely going to Seattle." Emmett jokes once more. Rosalie and I look at each other before rolling our eyes at his ridiculous behaviour in this time.

"An army of vampires?" Bella asked wanting to know what was going on.

"And they've been created to fight someone." I said sharing a look with Edward.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle." He informed us.

"Regardless of why they were made, if we don't put a stop to them the Volturi will. I'm surprised my brothers have let it go on this long." I said, shaking my head.

"Maybe their behind it." Edward started making me glare at him, "in Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants me, Jasper and Alice to join him. Especially Violet, and he'll stop at nothing to get her back. But he knows we'll never choose him as long as our family's still alive and as long as all of Violet's mates are alive." He finised kinda making sense but I couldn't believe that, it can't be true.

"An army could solve that for him." Jasper shrugged agreeing with his brother.

I growled and stood to my feet, "my brothers would never do something so horrible to me and my family. They may be a little evil but they would never hurt their creator, I am their superior and they know this so don't go making assumptions about them." I told them loudly before leaving the room with a huff. I know I may have overreacted but they were my second family, the Cullens and wolves being equally my third.

I stood outside in the dark night, crossed arms and letting the wind blow my hair over my shoulders and brush against my face. I breathed in needlessly smelling the fresh smell of the forest, it was calming to me.

As I calmed myself down I felt a hand grab onto my shoulder, I looked over and saw Emmett standing there with a goofy smile. I returned the smile and went back to gazing into the dark forest.

"It's scary to be out here all by yourself." Emmett joked standing next to me. I chuckled and lay my head against his arm which made him move to wrap it around me, I grinned into his chest as I cuddled into his side.

"Not when I have you." I told him softly. I felt him lay a kiss on the top of my head.

"I'll always protect you." He promised and I knew he would never break it becuase as I stood in his arms I felt safe and loved, and that was all I really wanted.
💙