19

Standing idly holding a wine glass, Willow looked around. Reaching out she put the full glass onto the waiter's tray as he passed. He looked at her oddly, Willow smiled. Was it so strange that someone here didn't want to drink? It wasn't the fact that she didn't want to, she couldn't. Willow was allergic to alcohol, the first time she had some was also the last. It reduced her to having a fit on her college room floor, it then made her have to stay for a week in hospital having numerous tests run on her.

It was the exhibitions opening night, Willow was bored. She honestly loved putting these things together, but just didn't like the idle chatter with random people about the items on display. At the moment she was sitting down on one of the benches with her head resting on her fist. She had asked Jonathan if he would come, but he admitted that being around so many high standard people of Gotham would unnerve him slightly. Willow had rolled her eyes at this, they weren't that bad.

"You look bored," lifting her eyes up from the floor she sat up and looked at Bruce. In all honestly, she was a little surprised to see him considering apparently to most people he hardly ever attended public things. Or did, but very rarely.

"Is it bad to admit that I am?"

"No, honesty is a good quality in someone. Although there's not many honest people around here," Bruce said indifferently while scanning the area around them. Willow raised an eyebrow at him, "I think I may have spoke a little out of line there."

"I don't know these people," Willow smiled. "You could be telling the truth for all I know." Shrugging and leaning back against the bench she waved a hand at him. "Why are you out here and not in there socialising?"

"Could ask you the same question."

"Headache," Willow smiled and rubbed her head slowly. She was lying, her head felt fine. But Bruce didn't need to know that did he? He was about to counter her words when there was suddenly loud bangs from the exhibition room. Willow shot up and ran to the door and peeked around it. When she looked over her shoulder she frowned at the sudden disappearance of Bruce.

Eyeing up the short man wearing the monocle, Willow frowned. Who was this? Before Willow could further her thoughts an arm wrapped its way around her neck. Screaming instinctively she kicked and thrashed against whoever was holding her until they let out a pained noise. From that pained noise she could determine a man had just tried choking her.

The problem was where the man was being pulled backwards he was taking her with him. "Let me go you-" Willow's struggled sentence got cut off as a black blur tackled the man off her. Turning stiffly she watched with wide eyes.

"Are you all right?"

Pointing behind the tall costumed man in front of her she frowned, the unconscious man who tackled her laid tied to a bench. There was no way he was going anywhere. Willow looked up and nodded, Batman put a hand on her shoulder before pulling her gently towards another exhibition room. "Stay here, under no circumstances do you move. Do you understand?"

"They have guns...do you think...?"

"Don't think like that," Batman narrowed his eyes at her. Clearly he caught the drift of her quietly spoken sentence. The screams and the gunshots usually when put together ended in a loss of life, or serious injuries. "Now stay here."

"Be careful, Batman. There is after all, only one of you." Willow said while lifting a tentative hand up and crouching down near a cabinet full of Roman coins. Batman shook his head and exited the room, Willow merely took this as a sign of, "I'll be fine." Hearing the noises of the fight, Willow put her hands over her ears, it got worse by sounds of it though when the guns got fired.