45

"Go to your happy place, Willow. Happy place. Happy place," Willow repeated and wriggled her way along the tunnel. There was no lighting, it was extremely close and she was finding it increasingly hard to keep her cool. "Happy place." She whispered and squinted through the darkness. "Rabbits. Bunnies, candy floss and caramel...chocolate...ice cream? Oh! Mint chocolate chip ice cream!"

"What have I told you about sugar?" Jonathan's voice said from further along.

"It's unhealthy."

"Correct, and it doesn't do you any favours." He paused, "I'm concerned that to keep yourself calm you list off food."

"Oh." Willow mused. "Happy place, go to your happy place, Willow." She repeated. "Kicking Jonathan's butt when we're out for making me crawl through this horrid, tight, dark eerie air vent!"

"You won't kick me."

"I will! I've been lashing out here there and everywhere as of late! Why else do you think I got stuck in a straight jacket?" Jonathan was stumped there and didn't answer. "Happy place. Giving Jonathan a hug for not running off before I could find him." Willow sighed contently. Up ahead Jonathan raised an eyebrow at her words yet didn't comment on them. "Oh...that'd make me happy. Jonathan?"

"Yes?"

"Can I give you a hug once we're out of this stupid, ridiculous, horrid air vent?"

"I don't see why not." He paused, "Are you likely to kick me though?"

"No! I could never kick you, you know that. Well...I do when you've decided to use me as a lab rat, but that's different. I'm high, I don't know what I'm doing!" Jonathan rolled his eyes and reached the grating which led into the small attic space. Pushing it open he skilfully slid out of the vent and turned. Slowly Willow's face peered out from the darkness, her eyes skimmed around the space she was about to climb into before looking at him. "You're killing me, Jonathan. You really are."

"A little dramatic, no? I find the best way to conquer your fear, is to face it head on."

"I'll remind you of that when Batman pops up shall I?" Willow quipped. Jonathan narrowed his eyes at her for picking on his own true fear. Seeing his slightly annoyed expression, she sighed. "I'm sorry, Jonathan. But seriously, you're really killing me with all the crawling in dark spaces. You know I don't like them. Meanie."

"Sorry, was that actually an apology? I didn't really believe it was."

"Stop sulking!" Willow pouted and then pulled a face. "Jonathan?"

He stopped switching on the battery powered lights and looked at her. "Yes?"

"I'm stuck."

"How?"

"I don't know, do I? I just am! Can you help me?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"I'm really sorry for whining, but I'm seriously freaking out here!" Willow said while her breath did hitch and quicken slightly.

Jonathan put down the light he'd just turned on and walked over to her. "Calm down, Willow." He clutched onto her hands. She whimpered and shut her eyes, "Are you going to your happy place again?" She nodded quickly. "Okay, have fun with that." He said quietly while pulling her out by her arms. "You can open your eyes now."

"Either way I'll be in darkness so does it matter if I have my eyes open or not?"

"Willow, there's lights on in here." Jonathan said while putting his hands on her shoulders. "Open your eyes."