21

There were many different ways to wake up, slamming her head against wood was not the way Willow wished to wake in the morning. "Son of a...ow," muttering and crawling out she jumped up and patted herself down. Turning and walking out of her room she kicked open Jonathan's door. The man in question shot up from leaning against a table, clearly he'd fallen asleep against it. Pointing a finger at him she frowned, "You."

"You did say tomorrow and technically when I injected the new batch into your system it was 'tomorrow'. To be precise it was one in the morning."

"That makes no difference!" She shouted, "You're such a little, annoying...man!"

"Ow, your words hurt so much." Jonathan said dryly while yawning and stretching. "Who're you calling little? Like you're not?"

"We've been through this, I'm compact."

"Little."

"Shut up!" Pouting and storming out of the room she returned back a few minutes later.

Jonathan still looked at her half asleep. "Yes, Willow?"

"I'm sorry for calling you little and annoying."

"Apology accepted."

"But you not listening to me is very annoying."

"I know."

"Yet you continue to ignore me anyway."

"Your mind is a challenge." Jonathan stood up and walked over to her. Putting an arm around her shoulders he pulled her close. "Your mind is also similar to Batman's. If this batch effects you greatly, it'll effect him too." He said while leaning his head on top of hers.

Willow rolled her eyes and held onto him. "I'm a science project."

"Yes," Jonathan put her at arm's length and smiled. "But you're my science project."

"What does that make you? The mad scientist?"

"Technically."

"Finally you admit to your madness!" Willow cheered happily, evidently her annoyed mood had dwindled. She couldn't be mad at Jonathan, it was virtually impossible for her.

Jonathan rolled his eyes, "I was tempted to ignore your question because of what you'd answer. Clearly I should have followed through with that."

"Aw, is Doctor Crane having regrets in answering me?" Willow said in a highly childish tone while reaching up and pinching his cheeks. "Call it revenge for drugging me while I sleep." Willow smiled widely, "Good morning, Jonathan!"

"Morning, Willow."

"You have work."

"You don't."

"I know," Willow smiled again and turned away from him, walking into the living room she switched the television on before walking to the kitchen and getting breakfast things out of cupboards and out of the fridge.

"Last night several civilians were attacked in a park near the southern part of the city. There was two survivors, the rest were found dead on the scene." Willow stopped and ducked around the door frame. Jonathan stood near the kitchen sorting out his tie, looking up at him quickly she shook her head.

"You made the news again." She pointed out simply, Jonathan nodded slowly and continued to listen to the report. Willow sighed, the woman on the screen proceeded to say how Batman had arrived to capture the perpetrator but both disappeared from the scene. The two survivors gave a detailed description of a sack faced man in a suit with a glove with syringe fingers. Willow pulled a face, "That's a damning description."