My first love~ My first heartbreak---

You wanted to join the play. It would have made your third year there exciting. But you couldn't. Not while he was there. You were walking to your next class, when someone bumped into you. You were about to bow sorry until the person said, "Oh, I didn't see you there." sarcastically. It was obviously Yena.

"You little piece of shiー"

"Watch where you're going next time. I wouldn't want you to ruin me before the play auditions. You wouldn't understand. You don't have any talent to present." she scolded, cutting you off.

"I didn't know you had any either." you replied.

She scoffed. "Don't act so big and bad now. I noticed you actually obeyed my orders. About Minho?"

"Shut it with him. I'm not obeying you. In your dreams. I wasn't even pursuing him in the first place."

"Good."

"He wouldn't even want a desperate ass hoe like you, anyway."

"Watch it skank."

"Why do I even waste my time on you?"

She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, he said that he would find it cool if a nice girl would audition for the play and do well. I'm definitely qualified for it. Sorry if that bursts your bubble."

"He... likes that?"

"Of course. Why do you think I'm trying out for this? Why else would I volunteer to deal with that annoying ass drama club leader?"

"In that case... I'll audition."

"What? No you're not. You said you weren't pursuing him."

"Now I am. I bet I can do a better job than you. And get noticed by Minho."

"You wouldn't."

"Welp, that's what you get for blabbering about it to me."

"You don't stand a chance. You're too dumb."

"Hey, no I'm not."

"I'm so dumb. Why did I do that? Why did I say that? Why the hell did I bet on that?" you whined to the girls at lunch.

"Dumbass." Naein stated. You agreed with her.

"Language." Anko said.

"You're really not actually going to do the play, right?" asked Jemsong.

"Of course not. I'm just going to audition and see if I make the cut. Whether or not if I do, I'll drop out of it. Besides, I want to try it out." you said.

"If you say so. But whatever happens, I'm not helping you out of this one." Anko assured.

"Me too." Jemsong agreed.

"Alright. I understand." you pouted.

"Not a lot of people are auditioning for the play. A few more people added their names to try out, but there's still not many students." Jemsong added.

"Really?" Naein asked. She then looked at you. "Are you sure you want to audition. While knowing that Chani's auditioning?" You froze up.

"Chani? I heard that he's a good actor. He's also in training. What about him?" Anko asked.

"Before the four of us became friends in sophomore year, Maemi and I went to middle school with him. They both have a... past." Naein said.

You sighed. "Long story short, ever since the middle of middle school, he was my... first love. It was around the time when I finally skipped a couple of grades. The other big kids were mean to me, except him and Naein. He was so nice and caring. At first. Freshman year, I... confessed to him. But he rejected me. Coldly. Once he noticed that I was clearly heartbroken, he mocked me about it. He would ignore me and push pass me at times. Since then, I haven't spoken to him. When we were set up as partners, I would call in sick. It's been almost three years, and I still don't communicate with him. And I refuse to."

"Wow. Your first love? And your first heartbreak? Guys are dicks." Jemsong stated.

"What is up with the language here? But I have to agree. Sometimes they are." said Anko. You all nodded.

"Right." you said before you banged the table with your balled up fist. "I'll show both of them. Chani and Yena. I can pass this play audition. I can find my passion. A-and... STUFF!"

"Yay, prove them wrong about being weak and stuff, best friend, PROVE THEM WRONG!" Naein encouraged.

"Yes, let's teach them a lesson about stuff!" you exclaimed. Both you and Naein started screaming random things in excitement.

***

"Any of you guys trying out for the play?" Chan asked. You shook your head no.

"I'm not." Felix said.

"Hyunjinnie, you should try out. I heard that they are doing the classic Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet play. You'll actually have a reason to call yourself 'prince'." WooJail suggested.

"No, acting isn't my thing." you replied.

"Very few people are actually auditioning. I blame that damn club leader." Changbin said.

"She's a pain in the neck. Literally. She bit me in the neck yesterday and said that she was practicing being a vampire." Jisung complained.

"You fell for it, didn't you?" asked Seungmin.

"...no..." Jisung said quietly.

"Dumbass." Jeongin stated.

"Watch it." Minho said, flicking Jeongin's forehead.

"Welp. There's no way I'm auditioning. I am not even attempting to go on stage, say words like 'thou' or 'thee', and embarrass myself." Felix said.

"I might watch the auditions, though. I bet they'll be hilarious. I also heard Yena-the-bitch is auditioning." you said. You all gagged. Suddenly, two girls started screaming across the lunch room. You and the guys looked at them.

"Isn't that the shy girl. Doesn't seem too shy to me." Changbin stated.

Minho smirked. "She's strange." he stated. You looked at him with a questioning expression then looked back at the girls. You stared at the shy girl, even though you couldn't fully see her face, before a staff member shut them both up. She's... cute. Why do I feel a sudden urge to yell "I'm so damn stupid!" right now? you thought.