You're toxic.

A few days later, the auditions were starting. You had a conversation with Hyunjin before you tried out.

hwang_jinniesk
I need a clear answer for this. What did you mean by finding out your status?

You
I see that you're cheating to make your side of the deal come faster. CHEATER.

hwang_jinniesk
I'm not cheating. I'm trying to understand what you meant. It's not my fault that you're dumb.

You

hwang_jinnieskIs that my picture????😑

hwang_jinniesk
Is that my picture????😑

You
No, it's a damn troll in sheep's clothing.

Jeongin in the picture deserves more than you

hwang_jinniesk
Wtf. You can't be serious.

You
I may or may not have screenshoted some of your ig pics and tampered with them.

hwang_jinniesk
HEY, u don't see me doing that to you.

You
Don't judge me.

hwang_jinniesk
At least I'm a normal person who just screenshots and keep your pictures.

You
Normal people suck and they're basic.
Wait.
You do what?

hwang_jinniesk
What do you mean by status? At least help me make my job easier.

You
Fine.
Learn about my habits, personality, and my relationship status.
At least you have one of those down.

hwang_jinniesk
More like two of those. Finally. You can be so damn difficult.

You
You rat.

hwang_jinniesk
You dog.

It wasn't long before the auditions started. A decent amount of kids were lined up, ready to try out for the different roles of the play. Not many people wanted to be Romeo or Juliet. Most of them were fighting to get side characters. Since Chani was auditioning, and since the drama club leader, Daesun, was a little snot, the Romeo role was pretty much already taken. Three girls, including you, were auditioning for Juliet. You wanted to go big or go home, so you wanted to try one of the main roles. You snuck a peek at the small crowd of people watching the auditions. The last thing you expected to see was Hyunjin sitting in the front row seat. Dammit. Why does he have to make eVeRyThInG harder for me?! you thought angrily to yourself. You panicked and rummaged through a big box of props from the drama club, looking for some type of mask. You ended up finding a face mask. You decided that you would just wear it with shades. You put your hair in a ponytail, as well.

As you did so, your arm hit someone in the shoulder. You turned to apologize. "My bad, broski." you bowed.

"It's fine. M-Maemi? Is that you?" said the guy. You looked up at him.

"Chani." you mumbled.

"We're informal with each other now?" he chuckled. You said nothing, giving him an unreadable look. "It's been two and a half years since we last talked. I didn't think this would be the first thing you say when we spoke again."

"I didn't think we would actually speak at all." you said coldly. He noticed your tone and ignored it.

"Um, could I ask what you're auditioning for? Just assuming since only, the people auditioning are here, backstage."

You paused for a moment. You didn't really enjoy his company. You were low-key looking around for Yena. You'd rather argue with her than talk to him. "I'm... auditioning for... Juliet." you stated.

"That's cool. We'll be able to act together. Maybe catch up?"

"I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I might not get the part. No big deal. I wouldn't care."

"Oh. Well... Iー"

"I'm sorry, but why are you even talking to me?" you scoffed.

He paused. "Maemi, I know that we're not... on the best terms, but I've changed. I want to be a better person than before, and I can't prove it until weー"

"I don't care if you think that being nice to me will cover up what you did to me in freshman year. You made a fool out of me. Even when I asked you if we could still be friends after you rejected me, in front of everyone, I recall you pouring milk on my head. Which lead to Naein throwing her tray at you. Which lead to a food fight. Then when the principal asked who started it, you tried to frame me for it but failed. No matter what you say now, it won't erase the torture and depression I felt during that time. You can pretend to be nice now, but in my eyes, you will forever be a toxic bastard." you fumed. He just stared with disbelief and hurt in his eyes. You saw Yena coming up from behind.

"Hey... Maemi," she said your name mockingly, "what are you two talking about? Mind if I join?" she said.

"No. I was just leaving. He's all yours." you said, still glaring at Chani before walking away. You soon put on your mask and sunglasses, hoping for the best. Your number was soon called.