Part 42- What's going on?

You look at your phone and Tom's face pops up on the screen. "My sunflower! I miss you so much!" He says seeing your face pop up on the screen. "Hey Tommy I miss you too! So how'd the interview go?" You ask him. "It went great, I'll be in a new horror movie." He replies. "So cool! I can't wait to see it. So you had Jason come and get me huh" you day smirking. "Oh yea, haha about that, I just wanted you to get home safe since I couldn't be there with you." He says rubbing the back of his neck. "Well thank you, I actually enjoyed talking with him." You talk for what seems like hours and you fall asleep. You wake up in the morning to find Tom asleep on the phone. You tell him quietly that you love him over the phone and hang up. You get ready for work and head out the door. Once you're done with work, you head home and call your friend. "Hey I was going to stop and grab some takeout, what sounds good?" You ask. "Uh chicken sounds good" you hear noises in the background. "Umm ok, do you have someone over?" You ask them.

"Shhh" you hear quietly. "Nope, no ones here just me and this house" they say in a weird way. "Um ok" you say and hang up. You wonder why they were acting so weird. You keep driving and pick up some chicken on the way from your favorite chicken fast food place. What your friend said had been bugging you almost the whole ride home. As you pull into the driveway you see your friend peeking out the window. They quickly shut the blinds and run away. You laugh, "I swear sometimes I don't know why I'm friends with them." You get out of the car and grab the food. You walk up to your house, apprehensive as to what your friend is up to. You open the door to see your friend just chilling on the couch. You stop at the doorway and raise an eyebrow. "What have you been up to" you say slowly walking into the house waiting for something to happen. As you continue on through the house, past the living room to the kitchen, you're friend is just chilling on the couch and they turn the tv on. You thought to yourself that you must have just been hearing things when you were on the phone with them.

You start to unpack the food, "ok so you want a drumstick, some Mac and cheese and let me guess mashed potatoes" you ask them. "No," your head shoots up. There was a all too familiar voice but it was impossible. "He's in london" you think to yourself. "I want a drumstick, Mac and cheese and fried pickles" you see Tom coming out of the hallway with a bouquet of sunflowers and a stuffed zebra in his hands. You look over to your best friend is watching you two like she's watching Rose and Jack from the "Titanic". "How" you say in shock. "Hi love, ya miss me" he says with his arms spread open. You run and hug him. Your legs wrap around his body and he wraps his arms around you, still holding the flowers and stuffed zebra. You lift your head and feel a tear slide down your cheek. "I can't believe you're here" you say, leaning in to kiss him. Your soft lips meet once again, "this is the best feeling in the world" you think to yourself. Tom puts you down and hands you the flowers and stuffed zebra, you can't help but smile.